>>Chapter 9<<

Ember's P.O.V

We walked into the village just after Baker was done telling her story. We went on full alert. We continued to walk as I saw people with sweat forming on their foreheads. "That's okay, I'll save you for another day." I said to a man running away from me.

We walked through all the villages walk ways and found nobody that matched the description. "Time to start checking the houses since they want to have it the hard way, team." I said and walked into a house.

I saw a woman knitting something with a child beside her. The woman had nasty bruises all along her face, my first guess would be domestic abuse. She got up and tried to push me out, desperately. She said something in a worried tone, still trying to usher me out. "Ma'am, I'm just doing a routine check." I said calmly, pushing her off me gently.

She started to cry as I opened the door. I saw a man with some manufactured assault rifle, where the fuck did he get this? Before I had time to answer my own question he started to shoot. I quickly got out of the line of fire.

"OPEN SHOOTER!" I screamed trying to alert the team. I looked in the door way and aimed. I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger. Blood and brains splattered against the wall as he slumped down. I sighed.

Private Crawford stepped in the house. "You okay, Serg?" She asked and I nodded. I looked at the last who must've been the wife. She was crying over her dead husband, the one she just witnessed me murder. I looked at her bruises again. How could she cry over somebody whose beat her, who probably has 24 other wives. I was astonished.

I gave her a nod of sympathy and walked out of the house. The team met back up and we continue to check houses. I entered a mans house, it looked nice - for a house in the middle the desert.

"Please, sit." He said in a very heavy accent, I could barely make out the words. "Thank you sir, but I really can't." I said politely declining his offer. He continued to ask me to sit down but I ignore him. I looked at the floor and moved the rugs, looking for a hidden latch. I didn't find one. I looked into the back rooms.

I saw 2 men around a single one. Jackpot. I shot one guy execution style, revealing the target of the mission. The other guy pulled out a automatic and aimed. Before he could pull the trigger, I pulled mine. I shot him in the side, coming over to step on his throat. I didn't kill him because I was planning on torturing him later if we didn't get the answers from tattoo face over there.

I took tattoo face and slammed his head on the floor, knocking him out. I threw tattoo over my shoulder and knocked his terrible excuse of a body guard out. "UNIT!" I screamed loud and clear. I walked into the living room where the man was trying to escape, but I caught him just in time. I fling him back by the collar of his shirt and swung him into my fist. Out like a nightlight. A couple seconds later my unit filed through the door.

"Throw him over your shoulder." I said, pointing to the man on the living room floor. Colton picked him up and threw him over his shoulder as Williams went into the room I just came from and picked the 'body guard' up.

Private Crawford looked surprised that I took out 3 guys at once but again, don't underestimate me. We walked out of the village and far into the desert. Countless hours later, we stopped and set up camp.

The fire was going when I put Tattoo face down at the 12 o'clock placing. "Put him over there-" I said to Williams, pointing to a spot across from the fire, at 6 o'clock."And him at 3 o'clock." I said the Colton.

I kicked Tattoo face in the side, causing him to wake up and groan in pain. "Heeelloo, Mr. Tattoo face!" I said real cheerful with a giant grin on my face. "Now let me tell you what's going to happen." I said and he spat on the ground, sitting up.

"You, are going to tell, me who you're working with." I said in a baby voice, because he has an IQ of a baby. "You don't need to talk to me like that." He said with a accent. I back handed him. "I didn't ask how I needed to talk to you. Answer the fucking question.

I punched him. "YPU hit hard for a girl. I see why they let women have rights in your country. Such a shame though, you would've made a great wife for me. Maybe even one of my fav-" He tried to finish but Colton punched him in the face.

"Answer the damn question." Colton said before going back to watch the man, also the watch the rest of my performance. "Now you see, I was in the village, waiting for Alec Squearzer. He is a good 'friend' of mine, he also works with me in, as you know, the drug dealing business." He said, pausing.

So we have information on Tattoo's connections, good to know. "But do you know what that means?" He asked. I got my knife out and cut a place on his throat. He wasn't going to die from it, it was just going to hurt....a lot.

"Tell me before I gut you like a fish." I said, tired of the games. "It means that I am not going to tell you anything. It means that him and his 'crew' are going to be here. He will figure out that I'm not there- if he hasn't already and he will find you. He will kill you." He said and I cut both his wrists.

"I'm okay with that. Do you honestly think he can kill me?" I whispered to him. He didn't answer and I chopped one of his fingers off, he screamed in agony. "DO YOU?!" I screamed in his face. I took out my gun and shot him in the knee cap. Julian has given me inspiration. Once again tattoo face screamed but didn't reveal anything.

"I'll give you some time to reconsider." I said to him, walking over to the 'body guard'. "You." I said kicking him. "If you won't answer my questions, you won't even have fingers... At. All." I said making him shoot up.

"O-Okay." He said shakily. "Who was he supposed to meet." I asked, pointing my thumb at Tattoo face. "Uhm They was going to t-t-t" He tried to spit it out. "T-T-Today Joinor!" I screamed at him and cut his arm.

"He was going to trade money for drugs. Um with that Alec person." He said stupidly. "Thank you for answering, sir." I said and moved on. Colton got up and traded me places.

"Hello, sir. Would you be ever so kind to tell me what he was doing in your home and why?" I asked the man. "I was sheltering the deal/trade. I was going to get paid for it. We weren't expecting you to come in and I tried to distract you but it didn't work." He said and it checked out but not all of it. I took my knife and made a deep slit on his leg.

"Thanks for your cooperation but something didn't really check out to me." I said, taking a seat on a log. "So you either give me the truth or.... I slit your throat." The words flowed off my tongue naturally.

His eyes widened to an unhuman extent. I-I swear." He whispered, looking at my knife. "Now, why would a man, like you offer his home for a drug deal? When especially he had such a nice home?" I asked.

"I earn money that way, that's how I bought things with the money to furnish my home." He said. "Mhm." I hummed back, taking my knife stabbing him in the shoulder. "Thank you for your time." I said to him. We gathered up our things and gathered around the fire. Baker, Williams and Crawford were watching the men while Madison, Jack Smith, Colton and I were sitting around the fire.

"Good job, Sergeant." I heard Jack say. "Thanks." I said back, blocking the world out.

Then I heard gunshots and felt pain in my arm.

*

Emily here!

Hope you liked this chapter.

Vote, comment and share!

Stay Marine Green 🐊.