>>Chapter 12<<

Ember's P.O.V

"She's missing!" I heard a guard say down the hall. My breathing hitched as I stared at Cole. They were cutting him on his stomach. It was so deep I could almost see his organs. He was going to die. I protruded out of my spot and caught the man with the knife off guard.

I wrestled him for the knife, it sliced my hand as I grabbed it. I finally freed the knife from his grasp and slit his throat with it. The other man holding Cole down advanced towards me and I held the knife up and prepared to attack. As soon as he got close enough I punched him with my left hand and sliced his cheek with my left.

He kicked me in the stomach and I tumbled backwards. I quickly got back to him and cut his neck. Blood squirted out and sprayed all over my face. He stumbled into the corner and I grabbed Cole. I examined the cut on his stomach. It was still oozing blood. I cut the man in the corners shirt and rushed back over to Cole. I tied the fabric around his side and the bleeding was somewhat controlled.

I looked into his eyes and I couldn't take it. He was dying. "Cole." I said in a shaky voice. He slowly closed his eyes. My lips started to quiver. "I love you." He whispered and he closed his eyes. A single tear slipped as I reminded myself I needed to get my team back to safety. I kissed Cole on the forehead and moved on down the hall. There were rooms with 2 guards outside of each of them.

I couldn't take out all of them. I went back to the room where Cole was and searched the dead men for any guns. I found two revolvers between the two. I checked the chambers and they were full. The universe finally caught me a break. I went back down the hall. I shot one in the head and the others scrambled. I shot off all the bullets in the gun, there was one guy left.

I ran down the hall and tackled him with all my might. I raised the knife above my head and slammed it down into his chest. I continued to do this until he was lifeless. I opened up the first door and saw Crawford. "Hell." She said and got off the dirty floor. I opened the other doors and gathered up Hayes, Smith, and Williams. "Where's Cole, Sergeant?" Hayes said and I looked at her as we continued down the halls. "He's dead." I said coldly and tried to form a plan on how to get out of here.

As we crossed another hall there was a door with two guards standing by it. "Hayes, take the left. I'll take the right." I said and we stalked towards them. I slipped behind one and snapped his neck as Hayes did the same.

I waved to my team and opened the door. I looked outside and took out the men standing outside of the door. I took in my surroundings as I saw nothing but desert as far as the eye could see. "What now, Sergeant?" Crawford said.

"We run."

~~~~<~~>~~~~~

Short I know but I'm working on the next chapter now.

:) hope ya liked.

-E