Chapter 12

Ezra's pov

I summoned a ring of fire around us four as I realized who the two cloaked figures were. "Mom, dad. What a surprise." I hiss in anger and I glance at Kanan. He gave me a look with worry in his emerald eyes as I closed my electric blue eyes.

I'm sorry, but I have to face them alone.

I say out to him through the force and force push him out of the ring of fire. Once he landed safely outside the fire, I charged at my parents with hope in my soul that I can make them leave.

Kanan's pov

I looked at Ezra in worry as he glances at me. He closes his eyes and a message says to me with a caring voice in my head.

I'm sorry, but I have to face them alone.

Confusion washes over me, but doesn't stay long. He uses the force to push me out of the circle of fire. I land on the the pavement and watched as Ezra charged at his parents. "No, no Ezra! Please stop!" I yell, pleaded for this to stop. For it to be a nightmare. I jump up and run to the side of the fire. Its about five feet high.

I might be able to use the force to jump over it.

I backed up and got ready to run. Just when I was about to jump, the wall grew bigger. I stop dead in my tracks. "No, come on!" I yell and drop to my knees. All I can do now is pray that my Ezra will be okay.

Hera's pov

Zeb, Sabine and I ran through the corridors of the Star Destroyer. "Sabine, where are they?" I ask as we round a corner. Sabine looked down at her wrist and checked the holomap. She then whispered in frustration, "Ugh! The Empire jammed the signal!" I sighed. "Well then it's back to using our instin-wait, do you hear that?" I stop my sentence and listen. There was a crackling sound, as if fire was burning. "Is that fire?" Zeb asked as he sniffed the air. "Yeah, I think it is. Come on!" I say and ran down the corridor, along with Zeb and Sabine. We didn't run long though. We ended up stopping at a large room. But it was strange because a large ring of fire about fifteen feet high was in the middle of the room. I look around and saw Kanan on his knees. "Kanan!" We yell in fusion and run over there. Kanan looks up and hugs me. "Oh my god, your alright!" I say and remember Ezra. "Wait, where's Ezra?" I ask and help Kanan stand up. He points at the fire. He's battling the new inquisitors. His...parents." He explains. I gasp and look through the flames of the fire. I could slightly see the lightsabers of the three, battling to the death.