+ five

chapter five
***

baek aera sniffled quietly when she felt the heat of the sunlight pricking at her exposed skin. knowing that she had to go downstairs to work soon, she slowly pried her eyes open.

what she was expecting was the bright sunlight to greet her tired eyes, what she was not expecting was to have her forehead pressed to jaebum's neck. she prayed that he was still asleep and that she would be able to make a clean escape.

afraid to shift and wake jaebum, aera looked down to see how the rest of her body was positioned.

she fought a loud gasp threatening to surface when she saw the scene before her. baek aera was pressed firmly against jaebum, her fists even grabbed hold of his shirt. her eyes traveled further, noticing that her leg was draped over his body. aera felt like slapping herself for being so stupid.

she began to squirm away from jaebum but he only wrapped a built arm around her waist and tugged her even closer than she was before.

aera tilted her head up and examined his sleeping face. his cheekbones were high and his lips a beautiful shape. aera quickly shook her thoughts away when she felt jaebum begin to stir.

she placed her head back into the crook of his neck to hide her face. baek aera's hot breath fanned over jaebum's throat and warmed her own skin as well as his.

now jaebum was stirring considerably.

"oh no," she heard him speak up suddenly.

"what if she woke up?" he mumbled to himself. "stupid, forgetting to set the alarm."

aera felt jaebum lift his head.

"what is this?" he groaned, arm twitching around her.

she sensed the warmth of his arm leaving her waist and she couldn't help but go stiff. jaebum got up and aera's body naturally rolled to the other side.

aera peeked over at jaebum through her eyelashes. his black hair was tousled in a way that looked like it had been styled and his shirt lifted as he stretched his arms, revealing a hint of his toned torso. aera was confused as to why he wasn't reacting to the situation. all that jaebum was surprised to see was that his own arm had snaked its way around baek aera's body.

he shuffled to the bathroom and aera decided it was time for her to get up.

"hey, sir, why are you not surprised?" aera called from her place on the mattress.

jaebum jumped slightly, startled at the sudden noise but he quickly regained his composure.

"sir?" he mocked. "we live together, baek aera, why are you being so formal?."

"don't change the subject," she argued. "i don't even know how old you are."

"twenty one," jaebum butted in.

"that's not the point! why were you not surprised?"

"what are you talking about?" he asked.

aera got up from the mattress, brushing off her bare thighs and straightening out her tangled hair before marching to the bathroom.

"you know what i'm talking about,mister," she continued.

"again with the formalities," he scoffed. "how old are you anyway?"

"eighteen," baek aera answered, only just realizing he was changing the subject once again. "hey!"

aera made a move to hit jaebum's shoulder but he only grabbed her wrist tightly and pulled her near him.

"i guess that makes me your oppa," he smirked.

aera pulled herself away, turning on her heel with a loud groan.