+ twelve

chapter twelve
***

"i think i can take it from here," a gruff voice sounded from the doorway in the darkest tone aera had ever heard come from his lips.

"jae," jinyoung acknowledged in the form of a defeating-- possibly knowing-- sigh, taking a delicate back step to increase the distance between him and the wide-eyed girl in front of him.

he left the room soundlessly, nodding at jaebum on his way out.

jaebum shut the door with the side of his foot, not breaking eye contact with aera as he did so.

the red previously donning aera's cheeks migrated to the tips of her ears as anger and annoyance at jaebum took root in her gut.

"first you assault me in your sleep, then you stand still and let jinyoung have his way with you? i'm starting to think you're not so innocent, baek aera," he snapped mercilessly.

jaebum walked slowly towards her, his hands behind his back. aera balled her fists at her sides.

"what are you trying to say?" she demanded angrily.

jaebum began to get much too close for comfort, the hands behind his back reached forward, clutching her hips, thumbs pushing under her shirt to massage circles into her hipbones. aera swallowed when she felt her shoulder blades hit the wall behind her with a small bump. she tried to stand her ground and look menacing but his stare made her knees weak and she ended up gazing at him through her lashes with scared doe eyes.

"jaebum," she whimpered, heart racing at a speed she didn't think was possible. all she wanted was for him
to answer her question.

"that's not what i need you to call me," he said cocking his head to one side, and pushing her harder into the wall.

"but you-"

jaebum stared her down and aera cleared her throat nervously.

"what are you trying to say, sir?" she corrected herself.

he tucked his head into the crook of her neck, letting his lips glide against the skin on her throat as she spoke.

"i think... maybe you're a little slut, baek aera."

regaining her sense, aera shoved jaebum off of her and slapped him across the face hard enough that the sound of it reverberated around the room. jaebum touched his cheek, a smirk crossing his face. aera did her best to keep her death glare from changing to a confused gaze at his unexpected reaction.

without warning, jaebum's hand was wrapped around her throat and she was back against the wall.

"jaebum-"

"ah, ah," he tutted shaking his head with a determined expression as his thumb rested flat against her esophagus.

"s-sir, what are you doing?" she breathed out shakily.

"you didn't let me finish," he chuckled darkly. jaebum brought his lips to her ear softly. "you are not allowed to so much as associate with anyone of the male sex unless that person is a customer at the café or me, understand?"

"who are you to tell me what i'm allowed and not allowed to do?" aera challenged with a newfound boldness, the shakiness in her voice was still audible due to her slight lack of oxygen.

jaebum only smirked, letting go of her and leaving the room, going back to jinyoung and miss im.