+ fifteen

chapter fifteen
***

if baek aera was sure about anything at the moment, she was sure that her cheeks could never be more red.

she felt ashamed for watching the scene of jaebum from his group's fanmeet multiple times. multiple excruciating times. every time the video finished, the replay button seemed to glow serenely, urging her to click it and watch it again. and each time, that's exactly what she did.

jaebum was on the stage, looking tall
and handsome as he always did. a flustered fan moved to leave the picture, only to be pulled back by jaebum himself and pushed against a mat. jaebum towered over her, looking down at her with fierce eyes until he broke into a smile and the video was over.

aera didn't understand why such a simple video could leave her feeling so hot and bothered. she'd watched all of got7's music videos and dance practices and no matter how hard she flexed her thighs or how tightly she crossed her legs, she couldn't help the twisting feeling in her gut when he rolled his hips the way he did or when his tongue glided along his bottom lip or when he ran his fingers through his hair.

"aera, are you ready?" she heard dahye's voice through the door.

"o-oh mhm, i'll be out in a second!" aera assured, quickly clearing the search history and stuffing the computer back in the closet before exiting the bedroom.

jaebum, miss im, and jinyoung were already seated. dahye walked back and forth from the kitchen to the table, placing food. the usually fairly empty table would be filled completely for the first time in a long time. aera took the empty seat next to jinyoung, trying not to look directly at jaebum.

"aera-" jaebum stopped himself when he realized that his words were coming out angry. "why don't you let dahye sit next to jinyoung?"

aera was about to dismiss his suggestion when jaebum suddenly stomped on aera's toe.

"y-you're right, sorry," aera stuttered, trying not to let a pained expression reveal itself.

she got up and moved to sit beside jaebum.

"everything looks incredible, dahye," miss im complimented.

dahye bowed her head slightly, setting the last plate on the table before sitting down.

"thank you for the meal," aera nodded and dahye grinned widely.

dinner was filled with small talk. aera stayed silent, trying to avoid looking at jaebum. she ate quickly, hoping she could get back to the room and fall asleep before jaebum joined her.

jinyoung pulled aera aside after dinner. she wanted to protest but she didn't want to be rude.

"i just want to say thank you for making friends with dahye. it means a lot," jinyoung said seriously. "i know from jaebum's reactions i was a little too flirty the other night and you might think i'm unloyal but i love dahye and i want her to be the happiest she can be."

"it's no problem, she's sweet," aera assured, and she meant it.

"thanks so much," jinyoung smiled, pulling aera in for a tight hug.

as jinyoung and aera pulled away from each other, her eyes met with jaebum's and she felt her soul leave her body.