Chapter 2. Picnics and Ponies

Hello out there Ponies and Brony's!  Just wanted to say a quick note...  DON'T BE AFRAID TO ADMIT YOU ARE A PONY FAN!  I AM ADMITTING IT AND yeah...  So, enjoy reading ^-^ and if you don't know the Elements of Harmony (which you should :P) and if you have questions, just comment and I shall reply!  Buh-bye! :D                     

______________________________________________________________________________________

                         *                    *             ~ Twilight's POV ~            *                    *

          "Twilight, are ya in there?!"  Applejack knocked from outside the Golden Oaks Library where I was staying while in Equestria.

          "One minute, just fixing things up, you know me." I called back.  I was tidying up the Library while Spike was on royal duties in Canterlot until later this night.  I walked out of the library and walked up to all my pony friends who were waiting for me.

          "Twilight!  Twilight!  Twilight!!!"  Pinkie said, jumping around me like usual, "You'll never guess what we are going to do!"

      Everypony here, including me, but Pinkie, had all put their hooves to our faces.  Had she forgotten she had told me?

          "Uh, let me guess, we are going to have a little picnic and suggest ideas for the Grand Galloping Gala's outfits?"  I said sarcastically.

      Pinkie let out a gasp and said, "How did you know!"

          "You already told us remember?"

          "Oh yeah..." She giggled.  I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

          "Big Macintosh already got the food there, all we need to do is show up." A.J said fixing her hat.

          "So let's go already!"  Rainbow Dash cheered and stomped in place.

     We all laughed and headed to the picnic area in the park not too far from here.  When we got there, Applejack and Rarity were setting up the blanket while we all waited.  

          "No, no, no Applejack, it needs to be centered more."  Rarity whined.

          "Now hold your hooves, we just had it centered and now you are fussin' about it not being centered?"  Applejack said a bit angrily.  They both glared at each other, but broke into laughter after the fact and just kept it how it was.

          "Oh, I do hope the Gala will go better this time around." Fluttershy commented while holding her tea.

          "It went well last time too, just not how we planed."  I replied, taking a bite of the sandwich.

          "Speaking of which darlings, whaatt do you think about these."  Rarity said, pulling out some custom designs she had for our Gala outfits.

     We all started making comments and laughing at the same time.  Every-pony was having a good time.  It was a blast considering the Gala was only a few days away.  I hope Spike is okay too...  He was called early this morning for duty and, well, that doesn't happen often. 

     A few hours later, I was stuffed, and so was everyone else.  We all decided what we were going to wear for the Gala, everything was perfect!

          "Woooh-y, never had such a fun time at a picnic before just to discuss girly things."  Applejack said a bit dozed.

          "You said it!  Nothing felt better than this, like, really!  And I know awesome when I see it!  I'm going to head now, night ladies."  Rainbow said

          "Night Rainbow!"  We all shouted.  Eventually we all said our goodnights and each split out own ways.  Me, I was walking back to the Golden Oaks Library when I met half way with Spike.

          "Spike!  How'd things go with Princess Celestia?"

          "They went well!  They just wanted to inform me about the usual."

          "The usual?" I questioned.

          "Oh yeah... The usual." Spike answered all cool-like.  We both laughed and headed back to the library when we both saw an Pegasus just walking the streets.

          "We aren't both seeing things are we?" I questioned.

          "That or we are both extremely tired," Spike joked. I laughed and shrugged it off.

     When we got back to the library, I got ready for the night and hit the books, there was a few things I wanted to do and had to do.

          "Spike, take a note please."

          "As you wish!" 

          "Dear Princess Celestia," I started, "Today I learned a very valuable lesson about Friendship.  We may not like our friend's points of view, but what matters is that you still tell them how you really feel, even if you are afraid to hurt their feelings.  It'll only hurt them more to know you have been lying behind their backs.  So always be true to your friends and true to yourself too."

     Spike sent the letter and we headed to our beds, ready to sleep the night and recuperate our energy.  I looked out the window from my bed and gazed at the moon.  It looked... Angry... Maybe worried...

          *                    *                    ~ Celestia's Castle/ No Pony's POV ~                    *                    *

          "Princess Luna?"  Celestia called to her younger sister who was watching over the night now.

          "Yes sister?"

          "It's about...  She's gone."

          "Preposterous!  She can't be gone, I did not see her leave."  Luna reacted shocked.

          "I looked in there, and there is no trace of her anywhere...  Call Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, we have some things to go over and discuss on what to do and plan...  If she comes in contact with the Elements of Harmony, who knows what could happen."

          "Right."  Luna said with a nod, respecting her sister's orders.  She took flight with the Royal Pegasus Guards and rode to the Crystal Empire to explain their next plans of action.

          "She mustn't lay a hoof near the Elements...  I hope we aren't too late..."