Chapter 9. Forgive and Forget

Everypony was confused at what the mysterious colt had just said.  Chatting almost uncontrollably, nopony understood what was going on.  How could they be fooled?  Should they trust his words?  Could they break out of here?

     Hearing him say the Seventh Element of Harmony, they all began to wonder how come they could all work without it, and if so, how come Princess Celestia never told them about this to begin with.

          "I really hate to, pity your feelings but, you're in for more trouble with her around, it be best if she just stuck with Celestia in the first place, or you would have never been here."  The colt sneered.

          "Who are you!  And what did you do to us!"  Rainbow fought back against the shackles in a rather harsh temper.

          "I don't see why you can't just ask dear Princess Celestia, oh wait, she isn't here, is she?"  He chuckled and used the magic from his horn to send Starla against the wall with brute force, almost causing her to bleed.

     He took his leave after that, leaving Twilight and her friends still helpless against the magic shackles.  Tugging and pulling at the metal around their hooves, nothing worked still.  They knew they couldn't give up though, they needed to get out of here and get back to Ponyville and be ready to use their Elements of Harmony in emergency situations like this.

          "Ooh!  That ruffian will sure get it once we're out of here girls!"  Rarity scolded, shuffling her hooves around in the tight grip.

          "That's if we can get out of here."  Spike replied, also shackled up to the wall.

          "Come on girls, we need to think of something!  The Elements of Harmony, we have them right?"  Twilight asked, getting nods from the gang who got their Elements from Twilight's saddlebag with both Rarity and Twilight's magic.

     It took some time, because her saddlebag was far away from them on the opposite side of the room, and it felt as if Twilight's magic energy was being drained from the dark aura surrounding the area.

     Putting their pieces on and using their magic, they focused all their energy and linked the power of the Elements of Harmony together.  Hope in their hearts, they started activating the power of the Elements into one.  They didn't know if this would work, or fail, but they had to try something; the future of Equestria and themselves lay in their hooves. 

     A spark shout out from Twilight as they all levitated off the ground and into the air, the shackles released and a brilliant white light coated the area, blinding them all.  When they could open their eyes, they found themselves back where they started, shackled to the walls, and out of energy.

          "I don't understand...  Why didn't the Elements of Harmony work?"  Twilight panicked.

          "I-I can't feel any magic from mine at all Twi"  Applejack proclaimed.

          "Neither do I."  Fluttershy added in the conversation amongst themselves.

     They all turned their heads to Starla as they saw her licking the wounds she received from the still unknown colt who ponynapped them all.  Each of them knew Starla was hiding something, but they decided to save that for later.  What mattered now was getting out of this cell and  defeating that colt.

          "It's useless...  You can't defeat him..."  Starla's voice cut through the sound of clanging metal.

          "What do you mean we can't defeat him?  It's not like he is immortal!"  Pinkie jumped in and bounced around the best she could, trying to lighten the mood around this eerie cell.