Chapter 3. Helping Hooves

*                        *          ~ Twilight's POV~          *                         *

          "Come on Twilight, this is going to take forever...  Applejack said to be at her place at 4:30, it's already 3:30!"  Spike said with a bit of annoyance.

          "Don't worry Spike, I will be able to finish the rest of this list in time!"

     I was supposed to be heading to Applejack's to help her with her Apple Buckin' and Spike was going to help Rarity at her shop for his outfit for the Gala since he couldn't be at the picnic yesterday.

*knock knock*

     Spike and I exchanged looks of confusion, for everyone knows the library is opened everyday until closing time.  Spike walked over to the door so I could finish my chorse in time.  I don't know what I'd do without that dragon.....  It got silent, too silent.  I turned my head to the door where Spike was and saw the same Pegasus from yesterday.  She looked a little younger than I, but older than Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.

          "Excuse me," she said, "I wanted to know if the Library was ope-"  She paused and looked around the room.  I blushed and gave her an answer.

          "Sorry, it's being re-ordered at the moment, but there is one shelf done if you'd like.  I'm Twilight Sparkle."

          "Pretty name..." 

     I was hoping she'd introduce, but I guess not. Leaving that be, I watched her trot over to the section that was already cleaned.  Going back to my duties, I heard a bang a minute later.  My head turned on cue and the bookshelf was completely messed up on the ground!

          "I-I'm so sorry!  I pulled one book a-and...  They all fell!"  She started to panic, "I know!  How about i just put it back together!  I need to do something in return!"

     Spike groaned and her ears went down with a frown on her face.  It was sad to see, I just ignored that and decided to help cheer her up.

          "You don't need to worry, I'll just need to clean up quicker."  I said confidently, putting my hoof to my chest.

          "N-no!  I insist, you make the mess you clean the mess!" 

          "A-alright, Spike, could you tell her how they go?"  I asked, walking back to where I was.

     Surprisingly, she finished the job quickly and she decided to help me after that.  I was reluctant at first, but I gave in to how eager she was.  Along with her help, I would only be five minutes late to A.J's.

          "Thanks again!"  I called but she was gone.

                  *                       *                ~ Rainbow POV ~               *                        *

          "Aww yeah!  Nothing like a breezy afternoon to do some flyin'!"  For some reason, i decided to talk to myself. I don't even know why I am thinking about it.  Today just feels like something special will happen!

     In the middle of flying, as always. like a cool pony like I do.  I was kno-

          "I'm so sorry!"  The pegasus said to me.  As I was thinking, she knocked me out of my concentration AND flight!