Part 6.... Familiarity

Introducing Mary Steenburgen as Gia Leonetti

Vera POV

I was trying my best to process what had transpired earlier.

Rui Leonetti was a father?

The man was rich and good looking but I had never pegged him as the fatherly type. It begs the question why his five year old son was alone in the park. Cara must definitely be the nanny, if his treatment of me was anything to go by she had better start packing her bags and disappear to some remote island because he would skin her alive.

Adriano was such a cute little boy; just thinking of him warmed my heart. He pulled my heart strings so much. I just wanted to be around him forever.

What was I thinking? I had never really been around kids but .... There was a knock on my door. I pulled my robe tighter and peeked out the peephole. I only saw a man's chest. I figured the hotel was secure so I opened the door.

I stared at the person on the other side but said nothing.

"May I come in?" Rui Leonetti asked quietly.

"I'm not really sure I want you in my room considering what you put me through the last time you were." I spoke bravely. Rui Leonetti dropped his shoulders and ruffled his hair. He looked tired. I mean it was after nine in the evening.

"Please?" he asked looking a bit remorseful. I cursed my kind heart and stepped aside to let him enter. I closed the door quietly behind him and leaned against it for support. I was a bit frightened but somehow I knew he was not here on a vendetta but a peace mission.

"Say what you need to and leave." I rushed him. He stood looking out of the window at the beautiful lights of London.

"I." he began and stopped. He turned to face me and put his hands in his pants pockets.

I remained quiet trying to appear detached from Leonetti's intrusion into my suite.

He appeared to be battling with something in his brain. I'm sure it was whether to be nice to me for saving his son or mean because I reminded him of a woman in his past. Then it clicked in my head. I had a hunch I knew what was causing him to be such a jerk toward me.

He finally looked at me; his eyes slightly red from exhaustion. I leaned off the door and walked toward him. He stiffened as he watched me wide eyed come to him. I stopped about an arm's length away from him and folded my arms across my chest.

"I just wanted to thank you for helping my son today." He said and removed an envelope from his jacket pocket. I did not take the envelope from his outstretched hand guessing what was inside.

"You are welcome. How is Adriano?" I asked curiously feeling a need to know more about the little boy.

"He is fine; he wanted to thank you personally." Came the sultry reply.

"Good, tell him that's it okay. Now leave." I said stepping away making the route to the door evident and free.

"Vera, please take this." He pleaded stretching out the envelope toward me.

I laughed, "There is no need, a thank you was sufficient, the door." I reminded him.

He came to me and put the envelope in my hands. I struggled with him and the envelope fell to the floor. Before I knew it he pulled me by the shoulders and kissed me. I opened my mouth in shock and his tongue entered. My mind was slow to process what was going on. My body was sinking into the pleasure of his mouth on mine when my brain snapped into gear.