Part 17... My woman

Rui POV

"In order to move the market yield we would need to appeal to a certain sector of the public." Vera continued her presentation confidently to the Australian department. "This program will save time and reduce the need checking capacity."

"How do we update the programs then?" asked one of the delegates.

"The program generates a reboot application that automatically updates the program when there is a need to. As a result, this application invalidates constant manual rebooting. The program will send a notification after the update is done as a record for the system."

She looked so beautiful and confident as she delivered her talk. The last five months had been everything I could have imagined and more.

Vera had surpassed my expectations. Although she travelled a lot we made our relationship work. She was excelling in the marketing division; she had that charismatic flair which drew people in. They listened to her and she knew how get her point across.

She was a really super woman.

She had a natural knack for business and would make an essential partner to me. Vera knew how to juggle work and social life. She made time for Adriano like the mother she is. Unknowingly she had become her real mother to our son.

Her bond with Adriano had strengthened and each day I felt that I should tell her the truth but I was afraid of her reaction.

Would she hate me for not telling her sooner?

Although I felt deeply for her would she forgive me?

Maybe I needed to show her how I really felt then she would be easier to tell the truth.

My mother was not happy that Vera was still in the dark about Adriano and her remarks about the situation were becoming more frequent and less subtle.

It was American Thanksgiving Holiday soon and I had planned a special surprise for her with an added family holiday in Italy. I looked at the 25 year old woman who was handling a room full of business executives so skilfully and smiled. My pride swelled as I watched the people in the room listen captivatedly to my woman.

She was the full package brains and beauty.

She was a star worker in the office, a real natural with Adriano and my mother loved her like a daughter. In bed, I had no complaints whatsoever! If there was such a thing as soul mates she would be mine for sure. She was a fabulous woman and after I tied up the loose end about Adriano's maternity, Vera Smith would be all mine.

After our rough beginning I did not think I would be sitting here and staring at Vera knowing that I loved her deeply and truly and I definitely did not want to lose her. A lot had happened since we reconnected and not all of it was pleasant. Including meeting her opportunistic relatives.

Flashback

About a year ago...

I stood in front of the huge house which was worth over two million US dollars. There were gardeners busily attending to the front gardens. The three men stopped to look at the convoy of cars for a while before returning to their work.

"Let's begin." I said as the rest of my party came to stand behind me. "Giorgio you take the lead as discussed."

There were seven of us. Two men remained near the cars while the rest of us walked up the short flight of stone steps to stand in front of huge brown oak doors.