Part 14... Forgotten Friend

Vera POV

Adriano was a bad sleeper. The child must have been training for the gymnastics team in his sleep. He moved all over the bed. Luckily for me this prevented Rui from fulfilling his threat. His presence next to me was soothing as he fell into a deep sleep soon after he grabbed my breasts. I guess we were all tired after the day at the zoo.

I woke up before the two males on the bed. I was caught in between Rui's arms on my body and Adriano's legs on my chest. I smiled. We looked so much like a family.

I had to skilfully manoeuvre my way out under tangled limbs of Adriano and his father's touchy hands. I stood at the foot of the bed and looked at the two males lying on the bed. Both had such beautiful faces which appeared so angelic as they slept.

We would make a great family. I thought.

I was feeling broody being around Adriano. Having a child was not something I had thought of at all but being around Adriano made me feel a bit motherly.

If I had a child with Rui I wondered what he would look like?

Would he take after me or Rui?

What was I thinking? Rui and I had barely started to date and I was already planning our children. The man had disrupted my entire life in just a few days.

I had promised Adriano that I would take him to the Anthony Thomas Chocolate Factory for a tour of the place. Linda had taken me there a few years ago and I had thoroughly enjoyed it. I know that Adriano would have a blast.

I stood in the adjoining bathroom wondering how I was going to leave. I had not seen my clothes I had worn yesterday around. I needed to get back to my apartment to get a change of clothing.

I located my jeans and t shirt and put them on after brushing my teeth. The two on the bed were still fast asleep. I smiled at them before leaving the room quietly.

"Good morning." Gia greeted as I tipped toed quietly to the door. I stopped and turned around my faced red with embarrassment.

She was in her robe and looked like she had just woken up.

"Good morning." I replied still red faced.

"Rui still asleep?" she asked curiously.

I nodded my face heated up even more, "Adriano is still asleep as well."

Gia looked at me puzzled.

"Adriano was my chaperone last night." I told her and she laughed as understanding dawned.

"Good, I don't control my son's actions but ..." she let her words drift. My face was ever redder than before as I remembered what had almost happened before Adriano had appeared in the bedroom.

"Come have a cup of coffee with me." Gia invited as we made our way to the small kitchen area. "The zoo trip must have really been entertaining yesterday since both Adriano and his father are still asleep."

"Yes it was great. I loved spending time with Adriano." I admitted

"What about his father?" came the smooth question which caught me totally off guard.

Gia was staring at me closely as she waited for an answer.

"I don't know what to tell you." I confessed, "I've never really been in a relationship and right now I feel a bit overwhelmed."

Gia led me to the sofa and we sat each facing each other holding a mug of coffee.

"I know my son can be strong minded. He can be like a horse with blinders charging straight ahead to get what he wants. After my husband passed away I was left with a young son on my own. My parents had died in an accident when Rui was three. I had no siblings and my few aunts and uncles lived in the village. I had no contact with them. I was suddenly left alone to care for an eleven year old." This revelation about Rui made me realise why he wanted to be so close to his own son.