Part 18...Forgotten Moment

Vera POV

I entered my condo. I dropped my stuff on the table and fell onto the sofa. I was shattered. I had purchased this condo two months ago. My apartment had been great but this place was amazing. Although Rui had wanted me to move into his house, I felt that it would not be right because we were not married. I did not want to jump the gun. 

So I had my own condo. It was a two bedroom open plan space which was very modern. I loved the décor and the lay out. My bedroom was my favourite place. It had bright lights and a cool sunken bed plus my en suite boasted a Jacuzzi tub. It was cool. I remember the day Rui and I had christened the place. No counter top had been spared our workout.

I quickly used the downstairs toilet before flopping back onto the sofa. I had a huge lunch so I was still filling full but my bones were tired. I had been working on a presentation for the last week. There had been many sleepless nights. I had not seen Rui in two weeks and missed him. I also missed Adriano as well. The child was a joy to be around.

My phone started to ring. I dragged myself to retrieve it from my bag. It was Rui. I walked over to the sofa and lay down as I accepted the call.

"Hello." I said sounding drowsy.

"Are you that tired?" Rui asked.

"Yes! I have a boss who works me to the bone. I barely have time for myself any more." I complained

"Really, is he that bad?" Rui asked feigning worry.

"Yes, I can't even get to my bedroom, I'm so beat." I said trying to hold back a giggle.

"I must have a word with this guy. He sounds like a real piece of work." Rui was playing along as he always did. "Just had a word with your boss and he says you need to come over to Italy although he cannot promise you will rest but the atmosphere will be perfect."

I laughed, Rui was always good fun. "So how did Adriano's play go?" I asked changing the subject.

"It was marvellous, he remembered his two lines and the rest of his class did a great job." Rui stated proudly.

"I hope you recorded it for me." I was anxious to see Adriano in his costume. He had been rehearsing to me on Skype. It was his first speaking role and he was pretty psyched about it.

"I did, he looked really cute in his costume. We also have a lot of pictures. I'm going to send you a few right now." I waited eagerly as Rui transferred the photos.

"Where is Adriano?" I asked awaiting the first ping.

"He is asleep. He was so excited about his class play it wore him out. He ate and showered and was out like a light." Rui informed me.

I put  Rui on speaker and clicked on the first photo which showed Adriano dressed up like a monk. He looked so adorable in his brown robe. "He is just so beautiful."

The next one was with Gia. "Proud Nonna." I commented. A series of photos followed showing Adriano on stage with his class and during his scene, plus afterwards with his classmates and teachers. The show appeared to have been a huge hit.

"Oh the play looked so interesting. Adriano looked like he nailed his lines." I was feeling like a proud Mother.

"He did, he even gave a smart bow at the end. He was very convincing as a monk."

"Oh I wish I was there!" I said longingly.

"We wish you were here too." Rui echoed an edge in his voice.