Part 12... Up in the air!

Vera POV

The ride to the hotel was very awkward. He appeared to be seething over some issue. He barely glanced my way. He was either speaking in Italian to Giorgio or was engrossed in his mobile phone. I was wondering why he even invited me to come with him if he was going to ignore me the whole journey. Maybe I should have taken a cab at least the awkward silence would have been fine with the cab driver.

So I quietly sat far away from them playing candy crush saga on my phone. It kept me entertained and I momentarily forgot the discomfort in the vehicle. The SUV stopped and someone opened the door. I was helped out by a hotel door man. It was great to be out of that horrible car ride. I soon realised that we had arrived at an upscale hotel.

We entered the Hyatt Regency Columbus Hotel and immediately Rui was seen to. A porter escorted us to his floor. The suite took half of the entire floor. It had several rooms which were all interconnected. There appeared to be a lounge for each bedroom. It was much larger than my small one bed apartment. I followed quietly behind Rui and his team. He entered a lounge in the middle of the corridor which was smaller than those I had already passed. By the toys scattered around I presumed this was Adriano's space.

"Where are they?" he turned to Giorgio.

Giorgio immediately pressed a number on his phone and spoke in Italian to the receiver. He ended the call a few minutes later.

"They are at the pool. I have told Luigi to inform Signora Leonetti of our arrival." Giorgio announced to his boss.

"Didn't you let them know that we were on our way before we arrived here?" Rui asked harshly.

"Luigi said that Master Adriano was eager to explore the swimming area---" Rui cut him off with the wave of his hand and walked into another room.

What had eaten his goat? He was acting like a spoilt brat.

"You can have a seat Ms. Smith," Giorgio said. "Can I offer you any refreshments?"

"I am fine I will just wait here until Adriano arrives. Thank you." I gave him a smile. Poor man he must be a saint to put up working with Rui the Boar.

"Please excuse me Ms Smith." Giorgio stated before exiting the room through the same door as Rui. I was left on my own with my thoughts. My phone soon beeped and I checked my message. It was Paolo. I smiled.

Paolo: Hey you finished yet?

Me: No not even started...lol

Paolo: I can swing by to pick you up at the hotel when you are done?

Me: That is okay. It may take a while. Are you still in the office?

Paolo: No I decided I wanted to buy something special for a lady in my life.

Me: Mmmmm... she must be really lucky then; is it a surprise?

Paolo: Oh Yes. I hope she will like it.

Me: So what will this lucky lady get?

Paolo: Very smooth Vera, very smooth but I think I will reveal it tonight at the party.

Me: Hmmm... I'm now very curious. A hint?

Paolo: No.

Me: That was so cold.

Paolo: I will make up for it tonight.

Me: Wow, I'm so looking forward to tonight then.