Part 10... Changes and Commitments???

Introducing  Carmine Signorelli as Paolo Tortino 

The next few weeks flew by quickly. Lawyers and teams from Leonetti Enterprises were evident in the company daily. Auditors were scouring through the books. Developers were busy in the design room sifting through all designs past and current. Personnel were going through each employee resume, and reading our contracts and profiles. It was a detailed and complex procedure.

The company was abuzz with shadowing employees and extra staff around. I assisted however I could as I awaited the new director. Rui Leonetti had not made an appearance but he was sending a new director who would be running the company. He was Italian and his name was Paolo Tortino. His resume was impressive. He had carved a name for himself as a trouble-shooter. He had a knack for turning companies around and yielding substantial profits. He was a very wealthy man but continued to work with Leonetti. This time he was handling the contractual negotiations on his behalf.

"Vera, Mr Tortino is here." Linda informed me over the phone.

"Great send him in." I said.

I stood up and checked my appearance in the glass window. I was wearing a black and apricot pencil dress with a thin black belt and black pumps. I had put my hair in one and let the end fall over my shoulder. I went to the door and stepped out as Mr Tortino exited the elevator. He was a fine specimen of male. He was probably around 6'1" with a lean frame and hazel eyes. He wore a rugged beard. The man was sexy with a capital S.

"I am Vera Smith, welcome Mr Tortino." I stretched out my hand and he enveloped mine in a firm but warm handshake.

"Please call me Paolo." His accent was heavenly. He was probably in his middle thirties but still rocked a young look.

"Vera." I replied leading him to Mr Rathers' old office.

I opened the door and let him enter first. "Ladies first?" he smiled at me.

"Courtesy first." I responded.

"Sense of humour, I like that." He said walking in ahead of me.

"This will be your office and Linda will be your secretary." Linda stepped forward and shook his hand. She stopped to admire him a bit too long. I pulled her back and she blushed.

"I will hand over what we are doing at present and I hope your transition as Director will be a smooth one." I told him.

"I have heard only good things about you Vera and it is my pleasure to finally meet this awesome woman. The team here seem to be hard working and that is what I love about my colleagues." He was looking around the office. Checking the layout.

"I will be getting new furniture and since we will be remodelling soon, I will wait until then." He continued.

"Rui's purchase of the building next door will be an added bonus to the business. Rui will be coming next week to finalise the sale but as your director I will also be bringing in a few of my team from Italy. I have restructured the company management duties and roles. I will endeavour to speak to most employees before the final transition and discuss the changes. Although they are minor we hope to enhance the quality of this subsidiary and increase the sales. So far you guys have been doing a brilliant job and my role is to ensure it stays that way." 

Paolo was not only handsome but smart. I liked him and based on my research he was a dynamic worker. He had worked up the ranks and had carved a niche for himself as a trouble shooter. I was excited to be working with him.