Prologue

Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or everything happening at once.

*****

" I never thought you would do such a thing. You ruined my life." Narmada said angrily. " Nar Narmada , please . I I agree what I did was wrong but my my " Rekha stammered . Her voice cracked . She looks down.

" no, save it. From now on, don't even try to come infront of me. You're not my friend. You're only my sister in law . That too for time being. I regret seeing you back. " Narmada said angrily. She looks dejected.
" please Narmada. Listen to me once." Rekha literally begged but Narmada walked out of the balcony not before giving me a hateful look. My heart cringed in pain.

Rekha sobbed inconsolably. I feel guilty as she did this for me.I took her to her room and made her lay on her bed.
" anna, she didn't mean it,right?" she asked while holding my hand. She looks like a lost child. I nodded. She soon fell asleep. Why did you do such a thing, Rekha?

I didn't dare to enter the room where I stayed since I was a child. My bedroom! But I need to see whether Narmada is fine. So, after mustering courage, I peeked in.
" finally my husband decides to show up. I was waiting for you. " her voice came from the dark room.
I switched on the lights and saw her tear stained face.
" Narmada, it's not her fault. She did it for me. Please don't hate her and severe ties with her." I spoke while trying to reach her. She moved away.
" why should I hate her? She's nobody to me. " her reply came almost immediately. I got stunned.
" I want divorce." she said without any emotion.

" what?" I asked in shock hoping I might've heard it wrong.
" you heard me,Udhay . I said I want Divorce"
Great, it hasn't even a day we got married and she wants divorce.

*****
Hi all,
This is my first story set on South India. 
Hope you like it and give this story a chance.
Also this is the first time, I am writing prologue like this.
This story will mostly be on Narmada and Udhay POVs with occasional Rekha's POV.
Also I am writing this story based in Chennai.
Please tell me what your thoughts are about this one.
Will be waiting to hear from you all.

P.S Updates will be really slow as I am busy with my final semester. Hope you guys understand.