Much needed Talk with Rekha

Narmada's POV:

After seeing Rekha, I couldn't even sit down in the office and concentrate on my work. I just can't bring myself to have a piece of mind. I meet her after five long years. Yet, I can't talk properly with her. To my bad luck, Brinda called sick and took leave. Has she's been here, I would've atleast had someone to share this news.
I called Brinda to ask her about how she's doing. But her mobile is not reachable.
Around 3 pm,
" hey, someone is waiting to see you. " my office receptionist told me through intercom.
I thought it might be Rekha and went to the waiting area only to realize it's Shiva.
" hi, Shiva" I greeted nevertheless hiding my disappointment.
" hi, you doesn't looks happy to see me here." he stated the obvious. But I can't tell him that.
" no, it's just work. " I replied ,putting on my fake smile.
" if you're free, shall we go to cafeteria?" he asks me. Before I could refuse, " please ,please , please, just 15 minutes" he pleaded me ,causing the receptionist to giggle.
" ok, fine. But just 15 minutes." I said firmly.
We went to the cafeteria and took our seats . While I am done drinking my coffee, " so, tell me what happened? Why are you living here that too in a small rented house? Where is your father? " He enquired me as if he's a cop.
Hearing those words, my anger grew.
" that's none of your business, Shiva. You're crossing your limits. How dare you question me? Whatever it is, that's my personal. " I shouted , forgetting where we are . He gulped and looks stunned by my outburst.
" Narmada, I I was just worried for you. That's why I asked you. So, please don't get angry on me." He said slowly . I realized I have gathered unnecessary attention .
" I am sorry. " with that I left him there and literally ran to my office.
After that , he called me numerous times. But I didn't answer any of his calls.
After my office hour got over, I came out to see Shiva standing with a " I am sorry" cardboard in his hand.
" you never give up, don't you?" I asked him but a smile still managed to form on my lips.

" no, not until you forgive me and smile ." He replied with a smile.
After my outburst and me ignoring him, I thought he will leave forever. But why is he still sticking around?
" hmm, I m sorry too. It's just I lost it in a moment." I replied while shrugging my shoulders.
" I can understand. Until you tell me yourself, I won't ask you." he said and walked to his bike.
" come, I'll drop you." he offered.
" no, it's ok. I can go by bus. You go your way. I go my way. " I said as I don't want him to have any ideas like amma said.
He followed me as I starts to walk towards bus stop. Why is he so adamant ?
" listen Shiva, I have been going by bus and I am used to it. I don't want any ride. I came with you yesterday as you wanted to see my mom else I wouldn't. So, please leave if you want to remain my friend ." I turned to him. He started his bike and drove from there without a word. I sighed with relief.
" Narmada!" Rekha called me from the opposite side of the road asking me to come over that side.
I shut Shiva with my anger but it will not work with Rekha. I do want to share my grief with someone. I never opened up to anyone other than my mom. Though Brinda is my close friend, I never shared my past with her.

" tell your address." She urged me . I give the directions to my house and the driver started the car.

" so, tell me what you have been doing all these years?" She asked as soon as we got inside the call taxi.

" hmm, I finished doing my M.Sc in correspondence while working at a finance company in Avadi branch but two years before, I got transferred here . Now, I am doing M.Phil in regular . A kind professor helped me with concession in fees and attendence." I replied.

" not that. what happened to your family? I remember You telling me that your father is a well known industralist in Coimbatore. Then why are you here in this city? that too working?" She came straight to the point.

I shook my head, I didn't want to talk about that.

I hated talking about my father. It hurts. I didn't love him. I was pretty sure of that but still, he was my father. I always wondered how's it be if we actually had a good relationship. I dreamed of things being different.