Shopping in Mall

Narmada's POV:

Brinda want to go to a CD shop for some music CDs which is two floors above the shop I needed to go. So,We both decided to meet at the entrance after finishing our respective shopping. It can save time plus her bickering.

After purchasing some needed stuffs , I headed out the door. Stepping down the short stairway, I clumsily tripped over my own foot. I lost balance and began to fall forward, my bags escaping my hands.

My breath hitched, and I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, bracing myself for touching the ground .

It's going to hurt more when I'm on the stairs, but it's what, only four stair steps?

Instead of the cold and hard impact of the cement hitting me, I felt a warm, yet cold feeling wrap around me. It was as if I had walked into a heated room. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see.

"Are you okay?" A very deep, clear, and crispy voice rung through my sensitive ears.

I regained my composure quickly and brushed out my clothing. I looked up at the helpful person; he seemed about my age or so, maybe a bit older.

"U-um. Yes, and thank you," I spoke quietly, starting to bit my lip.

"It's ok.no problem." He smiled gently, scratching the back of his neck.

His features started to form itself in my mind. Shiny, smooth,ash black hair. A pale complexion. Long eyelashes, and big, brown eyes.

"Are these.um.yours?" I heard a few shuffles here and there.

Glancing up slightly, I saw my belongings in his possession. I gasped.
My, my! My undergarments.
God! This is embarrassing!

"Sorry!" I spoke a little too loudly and snatched the items out of his arms.

"Er, sorry. I didn't mean to offend you." I saw him try to peer in my face. "Do you not recognize me?"

Recognize? I looked up and my eyes met his. I don't think I've ever seen him, though.

I shook my head.

"Well, that's fine, I guess," he lightly chuckled.

Am I supposed to know this strange person?

"Shiva! Are you done flirting? We're late!" A female voice yelled out from somewhere in the distance; sounds of footsteps coming closer.

Shiva? Sounds familiar. The woman appeared into view, huffing and puffing on her knees.
Wow,she must be around my age. Is she his girlfriend?

"Rupa no! " The guy named Shiva groaned and turned his attention to her.

She had long blond hair, with little streaks of brown on the side.

"Let's go." She clung onto his arm with a stern expression in her eyes.
"I'm going to get in trouble if you don't get there in time."

It's as if I didn't exist in their world.
Wait, that's actually true.

"Fine, you go and wait near my bike. I will come soon." Shiva sighed glumly, then turned his attention back to me.

"Hey,Narmada is your name, right? I'm Shiva, if you couldn't already tell."

Holding a hand up to grasp the area of my heart, I let out a deep breath.
" yes. Do I know you?" I asked him skeptically.
" oh my! Still not remember me? I thought you're playing. But seriously you don't know?" his tone is quite accusing. Why would I play with him? I shook my head.
" Narmada, I am Shiva , ShivaKumar. Your classmate in high school! " now I remember. So, that's why his name sounded familiar.
" oh hi. Sorry, I forget. " I raised my hands in surrender.
" how can you,Narmada? After all I did to you." he pouted.
" what did you do?" I asked innocently when in reality , I remember all the helps I got from him.
He drew all the diagrams for my biology record while I just played.
I smiled at how happy I was then. Those days can never come back.
" ok,now I am in a hurry. I need to drop my houseowner's daughter in her house. She's such a trouble.hopefully, We meet someother time." he said and took off.
He didn't even ask my whereabouts. Wait! What happened to him? His family was also a rich one.
This was the first time in one and a half years, that I've just had a decent conversation with a person other than my mom and bri.

I looked around to see Udhay staring right at me and his friend turned the other side on seeing me.
I called Brinda to know where is she. She answered saying she's is in already in parking lot waiting for me.
" Narmada! One minute!"
Udhay came towards me dragging his friend when I turned on my heels to go out.
" he hel hello, " he stuttered nervously. He is also nervous like me.
" what?" I asked impatiently. I don't why but my heartbeat is literally raising every second.
I looked at him as he didn't say anything.
" that's it. I am leaving" I said while throwing my hands up.
dei, sollu da!( hey, tell her!)" his friend nudged him with his elbow. But he is lost in his own world.
" I I .you forgot this!" he gave me a bag. Saree,I bought for my mom is in this bag. I took it from him and mumbled a thanks before walking out.

Udhay's POV:

" Someone told me that he is going to tell his love. " Hari mocked me as we entered our new construction site on ECR.
" that someone actually did!" I replied in the same tone as him. He looks shocked and laughed.
" don't lie,man. I was there with you the entire time. You're gawking at her and was loss of words. I had to nudge you."
" I wrote whatever I have to say in a letter and slipped it in the bag which I returned to her ." I replied happily.
Then I think he said something but it didn't even reach my ears.
I looked around the site and went back to my house .
I am waiting for this day to end soon so that I can see her tomorrow to know what her answer is.

Before I saw her, I had nothing to live for, I was alive but I wasn't living as what the quotes would say. I would wake up in the morning and go to work then back to my house. It was a routine everyday. Until Narmada came to my life, those routines I use to despise so much became the best parts of the day.

Before my eyes open in the morning, the thought of her already rush in. My mind making me jump out of bed everyday like each day was the best day.

The thought of seeing her beautiful face, voice, and just her presence makes me feel alive.

Even when at times she looks terribly angry, when she had bags under her eyes, waking up in the morning and her hair all over the place, and sometimes drool on her pink lips, I still saw her as the most beautiful girl in the world.

Every single detail of her is marked in my mind, the Brown eyes, pink lips, light freckles on her cheeks, her eyelashes that sometimes covers her eyes when looking down, the birthmark on the right top of her forehead that you only see when she has her ponytail on, the birthmark on the left of her neck that she covers, the dimples on the bottom of her lips when she smiles, the mole right below her nose, and all the details of her. I remember them all.
She's the one with whom I want to spend rest of my life with.
Will she reciprocate my feelings? What if she say no?
My thoughts are disturbed by my mobile ringtone.
I looked at the caller ID and picked up instantly.
" Rekha!" I exclaimed enthusiastically.
" wow, anna you sound happy. Any special reason?" she enquired.
" yes, but it's a surprise . I will tell you when you come back." I replied with a smile as I am still unsure what Narmada will say.
" oh, ok. I will come in two weeks. Even I have a surprise for you!" she replied.
" ok, sis. Take care. Wish me luck." I said as I made my way to my room.
" all the best, anna. Whatever it is, I am sure you will get it." she replied and hung up.
I lay down on the bed trying to find some sleep. But I simply couldn't sleep. So, I turned on the FM radio in my mobile.
My favourite Shankar Mahadevan song of all time started to play.
" illai illai solla oru ganaam podhum,
illai endeavor sollai thaanguvagu enral
innum innum enak oru genmaam vendum,
Enna solla pogirai?"
( it will take a second to say no, but it will take me a whole new birth to get used to that. What are you going to say?)

Third Person's POV:

" I did what you asked me to. We got introduced." Shiva spoke to someone over the mobile.
" ok. Your money will be deposited once you bring her here after marrying her!" that voice replied.
Before the call got disconnected, Shiva heard someone yell at the background.
" my daughter is an innocent girl. Please don't do that!"

*****

Hi all,

Firstly , Happy pongal to all those who are celebrating it.

Today, I am leaving to my native place in Tuticorin district to celebrate it.I will be back in Chennai only on sunday. Hence, this update.
Do let me know what you all think.
Lastly, don't forget to vote!
P.S : That song is from one of my favourite movies " Kandukondein Kandukondein"