It's her!

Narmada's POV:

Udhay's eyes are on me as he walked inside the cafeteria. His gaze went from me to Shiva and I could almost see hurt in his eyes. Is he still not over me?
" so, um, can I come to your house in the evening?" Shiva asked. " I really want to see your mom." he added. I didn't say anything as I watched Udhay talking animatedly to his friend. His friend then angrily came towards our direction. I grabbed my bag and stood up. I don't want any arguments in here that too while Shiva is with me.
" um, I got to go now. Urgent work." I said quietly , glancing at Udhay's friend who are walking our way. Udhay following him closely behind. He got so close to us and I thought he is going to lash out at me. But he just walked past me , and I felt like a weight just lifted off my shoulders.
" um, are you okay?" Shiva asked as he walked towards me. I nodded.
" who is that guy?" he asked ,pointing towards Udhay.
" I don't know. A stranger." I lied pathetically.
His eyes didn't leave mine and I looked away in nervousness.
He shrugged and led me outside. I am glad that he drop it.
" so , about meeting your mom?" He started but I cut him off. " yes , you can. " I am really not in a mod to have a conversation. Why can't he get the clue?
" ok, then. I will give you ride back as I don't your address." He replied and went inside the lift.
I went back to my seat and started working.
I am worried about how Shiva will react seeing our house for He still thinks me that I am rich and doing job to be independent. I don't want anyone to know about my past. As he said earlier, Shiva waited for me with his bike when I walked outside the building to the busstop.
" avoiding me? " he asked. I thought for a minute about what to say.
" just joking. shall we leave?" he asked me smiling.
" umm. Ok." I replied and told him directions to my house. Me and my mom live in a small house comprising one bedroom, kitchen and hall. It's a single house and the owner , Narayan uncle lives two street across our house.
" you live here?" he asks shocked as I thought.
" yes.long story. Now , come in." with that I walked in and pressed doorbell. Mom opened the door.

"Hi, mom," I greeted my mom with a big hug. Shiva too came after parking his bike in a corner.
" amma, Shiva, my classmate from high school. Shiva, this is my amma, Pavithra" I introduced eachother.

"Oh, hi dear," amma said, surprised to see me with Shiva. Her eyes lit up. Not again. I sighed.
My mom doesn't even seen Udhay . But She likes him just by his letter. When asked, she replied her instincts is telling he's good for me. She still argues with me for him. I mean , come on I am her kid not him. I don't want her to add Shiva to the list.

" hello mam! How are you?" He asked cheerfully as he sat down in a sofa.
" Kuttima, you both sit and talk. I will be back soon." She walked to the kitchen happily.

" kuttima huh?" he asked playfully.
" it's my petname. she calls me like that eversince I am a kid." I replied as my cheeks brighten.
" hey I forget to ask you. How are your parents? " I asked him. His face expression changed into serious one.
" they're not with me." he replied gloomily.
" oh, I am sorry. " I said and then we just talked about our other classmates. He's still in touch with almost everyone he studied with on Facebook.
I don't have any Facebook account. Maybe if I create one, I will find her. I discard that thought a while later.
Mom returned with a tray of her homemade savouries and two cups of tea.

I drank it while changing channels.
Shiva went on to praise my mom after munching a few chips, "How do you make such delicious snack, aunty?"

My mom shrugged, enjoying the compliment, "it comes naturally. Here, have some more."

Shiva continued his sugary flattery, " aunty seriously, there's magic in your hands. I hope you don't mind teaching me how to make these one day . "

"see Narmada, he wants to learn my recipe unlike you," mom said , impressed by his words.
" Narmada , put that channel back on" Shiva said suddenly. I did as he asked and immediately groaned seeing " Chennaiyil Oru thiruvaiyaru" Carnatic music program .