Rejected

Narmada's POV:

" amma, I am home and I bought a beautiful saree for my beautiful mom!" I said as I entered the house. She glanced at me once and turned her attention towards TV. She's watching Resident Evil.
She's a big fan of horror movies unlike me.
" kutti, first let's talk where we left." She trailed off as I dropped all the bags on the floor.
" yen maa ipadi irukinga? Yeppa parthalum edaiye pesikitu. Enakku nee mattum podhum. Vera yarum vendam, edhuvum vendam." I replied firmly before shutting my room door.
( mom, why are you like this? Always talking about this. I don't want anyone or anything except you )
Soon, she is knocking my door.
" kutti," she was about to say something but I didn't hear her by playing songs at full volume on my mobile.
Yet another argument. I sighed. Why can't she understand me?
After a while,
" kutti, open the door. I promise I won't talk about it again." her voice came from the other side. It doesn't matter as she has been saying it almost every sunday.
"amma, I will come out if you make dinner." I negotiated.
" hey it's not fair. You promised to try and improve your cooking while you're home." She replied.
" but you ruined my mood. Your choice." I replied.
" ok fine. Come out." she said. I opened the door and followed her to the kitchen.
She didn't utter a word. So, I decided to start the conversation.
" mom, instead of IT and other fields,why don't you look for a cook?" I ask her as I gave her the vegetables I cut. She stares at me a few seconds before turning away.
" maybe a cook!"
" Or a waiter!" I added before she takes it serious and starts looking for one.
" are you kidding me?" she asks with a frown.

" amma, you looks cute . Many ask me whether you are my elder sister. So, don't think much . Else you will age quickly with wrinkles in your beautiful face." I said as I pinched her cheeks. A blush lights her face and I chuckle.
Thank god, she dropped marriage subject.
Despite my protest, she started her cooking class. She even made me take notes on the ingredients, how much to add how to make.

After having dinner, We both settled on the couch .
" amma, unaku podavai pidichiruka?( mom, do you like the saree?)" I asked her .
" I didn't see it . Where do you keep it?" she enquired.
Then as if realizing something, " oops! Sorry. You dropped it ." She said as I went on to pick up the bags on the floor.
" I guess these aren't for me!" She chuckled as she hands over my undergarments bag.
I snatched it from her hands and went to place it in my cupboard.

" kutti, saree is beautiful . But this letter is more beautiful." her cheerful voice came.
What letter? I came out to see her grinning ear to ear.
" idukaga thaan naan eppa kalyanam pathi pech eduthalum nee kovapatiya? (so , this is why you're angry whenever I talk about marriage?)" she asked me teasingly while folding the paper .
" Udhay huh? I think I like him. He seems genuine." She asked me.

What's wrong with her? How do she knew him? I took the paper from her and read it.

"I loved you the very first moment I saw you in our office building.

I love you ,Narmada. I've never loved anything or anyone as much as I love you. Well, exception being my parents and sister. Every cell in my body yearns for you, your heart, your soul and your beautiful smile. You're my reason to live.

Every time I think of something sad, I replace the thought - with you!
My mind gets instantly changed and my heart gets filled with gladness in no time.

I love you so much. I will never leave you no matter what happens I'll always be there for you.

I lost my parents when I was young. My sister is my only world. Then, you came . After seeing you, I found a reason to live for myself.
I am not playing with you and seriously I love you.
I mean it.
I didn't study much. B.Com that too 60%.
I am physically well and has no diseases.
I manage my dad's business. I expanded it and I'm getting sufficient income.
I don't smoke but drink occasionally which I will stop completely if you agree.
I know I am not good but trust me I am not bad either!
Please , give me a chance . Will you marry me?