Chapter 4

June 4th, 2018- 3 years ago

I've never been a fan of socializing. I always seemed like the estranged one from my family. My mother always got frustrated with me for not talking, but my father could have cared less because I was just like him.

There was nothing to talk about with those people though. They were absolute strangers. I would always something weird or embarrass myself, and the whole situation would end up with my mother saying how I was an "embarrassment to the family." We never seemed to be in good terms.

My father on the other hand, he could be harsh at one point, and very careless the next. If I asked him something, he would have to know what my mom's answer was first, and usually agree with her. I hated that so much because my mother would always say no to end my fun.

Realizing my mom just wanted me to work and do something that I hated, I left. Mon always wanted me to become a lawyer and thought I would make good money to support the family. The truth was, she had her own money to support the family along with dad. It was bullshit.

"C'mon! Let's go, Ellie!" Emma's voice interrupts my thoughts, making me snap out of my daydream.

"What?" I asked, sitting up from the couch and watching her put on black heels.

"We are going somewhere," She snapped her heads towards me and walked over to the coffee table to grab her purse.

Groaning along the way, I fell back onto the soft couch. "Not another fucking club."

"It's not a club."

"Not another bar or party."

"Nope," I heard her keys jingle and I immediately stood up from the couch extremely surprised.

"Where the hell are we going?" I walk over to the scattered shoes by the door and quickly find mine. I slip them on and follow Emma out of her apartment.

Locking the door frantically, Emma turns around to walk. "We are going to a bonfire."

"Great, just great." I knew there was a catch. There was going to be drinks there, and maybe a club full of people. I didn't know what to expect, but one thing I knew was somebody was going to get drunk.

----------------------------------------------

Soon, we were parked in a barren part of the woods. It seemed dead looking. The grass was dried out and trees surrounded us. The wind was blowing and the summer breeze nipped at my bare skin. I never understood that. It always seemed so cold to me in the summer, well all seasons. I hated the irregular weather patterns.

Emma had spoke all the way through the long, deafening car ride about who was coming tonight. She informed me that supposedly Louis, Zayn, and Virginia were going to be there along with a couple of others.

I didn't know what would happen tonight, and I was fucking worried. Virginia was going to be there and even though I had only been around her a couple times, she absolutely freaked the hell out of me.

Shuffling from the door, it awoke me from my thoughts and I soon found myself following Emma through the soon-to-be dark woods. It seemed like forever until we came upon lights.

As we stumbled upon the fire, Louis and Zayn seemed to be sitting in chairs around it, along with Virginia. They didn't seem to notice us, being interested and to captivated by their chatter with each other.

Louis was the first to notice our appearance though, standing up from his chair and walking over to us with a big grin of his face.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He turned to direct his attention at me, a teasing smile on his face. He crossed his arms and quirked an eyebrow, waiting for an answer.