Chapter 19

March 22nd, 2019- 2 years ago

Strangely enough, a luring darkness has been set over New York lately. All of us including Niall, Harry, Louis, and the others including me have seemed to be in this depressing state. It's very difficult to realize Harry is apart of that clutter too, with his cheekiness and always being happy. He has that special aura that makes him glow, but he hasn't been very spiritual in these past few days, and I don't know what it is.

He had spent a couple hours at my house every day, just to visit or entertain me with his terrible jokes, but something was wrong. I don't know if it was my crying fit from a couple days ago, or the fact that he had met my mother. It might've not been that at all.

I was still deeply depressed about the whole situation with my mother, but Harry seemed to make it a little better with his presence. He always made things better, sometimes not fully. He had already been here for a couple days and managed to steal my heart in a small amount of time.

Niall had taken me to another party a couple days ago, and I was absolutely wasted that night. The hangover proved that fact true. I drank too much vodka, due to thinking about my damn mother, and the alcohol just took over my body. Harry wasn't there, thankfully, but Niall and Louis was. I had a feeling they were going to tell Harry, but strangely, nothing has been spoke about the party from Harry.

Harry. Harry. Harry.

He consumed my thoughts, and so did his presence. I wondered where he had been, the night I had been drunk off my ass and Niall had to take care of me. We had seen each other that morning for a couple hours, but then his phone buzzed and he had to go. Where did he go?

"Ellie," a voice interrupted my thoughts, and I felt a nudge to my shoulder.

Louis was sitting in front of me, red cup in hand and feet perched on top of the small, coffee table. His brown hair was extremely messy tonight, probably from dancing and grinding on the brunette girl I had been introduced to a couple hours ago. What was her name? Ellie? Eve? Eleanor? I thought it was Eleanor, but I wasn't sure.

"Yeah?" I said, it coming out as a question.

A smile appeared across his face as he sat up in the cheap, plastic chair. We were currently at another party, I can't remember whose due to the slight amount of alcohol in my system. Niall has brought Louis and I to this one too, but Harry was nowhere to be seen. He told me this morning he was coming to the party tonight, but it was already midnight, and I had a feeling Harry wasn't going to show up.

"Niall is drunk, I believe," Louis chuckled, pointing his head to behind me, and I turned around.

Indeed, it seemed he was, and if he wasn't, I would be extremely surprised. The irish boy's shirt was off, along with the tight, black skinny jeans that seemed to have an appearance that were now wrapped around his head in some sort of knot. I couldn't help but chuckle at the small boxers that were attached to Niall's torso with small Justin Bieber heads on them. His actions proved he was drunk, the sluggish pushups off of the floor until he finally gave up and maybe passed out on the floor. Just maybe.

Turning back around, I looked at Louis and chuckled. "Yeah, he is. There is no surprise there."

"You've got that right."

As I was about to ask Louis about the Eleanor-I-think-her-name-is girl, a voice behind spoke.

"It's been a while, Ellie," A deep, masculine voice boomed behind me, trying to speak louder than the music in the background.

I could recognize that voice anywhere, but surprisingly, I hadn't heard it in a while.

Liam.