Chapter 16

March 12th, 2019- 2 years ago

"No, no! And then I told her I was actually straight!" Louis's voice rings in my ear beside me, and I immediately tune out.

His voice was the least of my worries, but it was sure annoying as hell after he had a couple drinks. He wasn't drunk though, just a little tipsy. Surprisingly, Niall hadn't taken a sip of the whiskey that he has been eyeing in a desperate manner. Why wouldn't he just take a damn sip already?

This morning, I was forced to get out of my bed due to the many knocks on my front door. It was Niall and Louis, of course, but they had these big grins on their faces as soon as I opened the door. Another strange thing was they had come over to my house at eight in the morning when usually, they both were sleeping or recovering from a hangover.

They had enthusiastically said that their friend was having a celebration for getting their degree and graduating their college classes, so they would bring me along. Knowing I hadn't been out of the house much, they thought this celebration would be the perfect time to let me enjoy the outside world.

Absolutely not, I disagreed immediately. Somehow, they managed to force me to go to this damn party at this fancy restaurant. I will have to admit though, I was quite surprised. It was around seven at night and I thought I would be brought to another house party. Thankfully, I wasn't, but I was brought to something worse. Through all of the small chitter chatter in this sweaty restaurant, I have decided I like house parties better than celebrations at restaurants.

Johnny was his name who graduated his classes and organized the party himself. He seemed like the life of the party, actually, catching everybody's eye. I had to admit, he was a tad bit attractive with his looks, but I hated his personality. Looks can be extremely deceiving I had found out.

Currently, I was sitting at this long, rectangular table that seemed to fit over fifty people. There was only about half the number of people though, and I was sitting in the middle of Louis and Niall. I didn't speak much, only when somebody started to ask me something or make a comment directed to me. These gatherings weren't my sort of entertainment, and I hated Niall and Louis for bringing me to this.

"So, Ellie," Speaking of the devil named Johnny. "How are you liking New York?" He asked curiously, him sitting right across the table from me.

"Umm," I looked around, noticing all the side conversations had ceased and all eyes were on me. Damn, this was awkward. "I actually am enjoying it."

"You didn't think you would?" He asked, pushing his dirty blonde hair out of his eyes.

"No," I bit my lip. "That's not it, not at all."

"Then what is?" He pushed further on, making me narrow my eyes at him.

Johnny knew what he was doing by that stupid smirk planted across his face. I wasn't going to let him annoy me until I told him my life story. There was no way in hell that was going to happen.

"I just liked the idea of coming here," I took a small sip of my water.

"Interesting," He pursed his lips and looked down at the white cloth that laid on the table. "Met any nice people besides these two?" He gestured towards Niall and Louis.

"The people here are nice, if that's what you're trying to ask."

"Well, that's actually not-"

"Johnny, lay off. She's not interested," Niall piped in, glaring at him. "Quit trying to butter her up, it's not working."

"She taken or something, Horan?" His full attention was now on Niall.

This is why I hate these kind of gatherings. They are so fucking ridiculous and you never know what is going to happen. Johnny was the problem, and I needed to leave before something happened.