Chapter 9

Louis' POV

I loved Wednesdays. I had the first two periods off, which didn't happen any other day. I'd usually sleep til 10:45, when the ringing of the bell that indicated the end of second period would wake me up. Sadly, it didn't happen as often anymore, because some of the guys from my class liked to hang out early in the morning. And somehow, I got sucked into their hangouts.

We were sitting at a wooden table in the school yard, drinking Coke. Everyone was chatting except me, I was still half asleep as it was only 9 in the morning.

"How are things going with Lorena?" One of the guys, Oliver I think, asked and I snapped my head up, looking at him.

"Huh?" I said, dumbfounded, not really expecting his question. Usually I'd just tell them if I'd nailed someone, but we would never talk about the girl.

"You seem... Pretty close," He said, bringing the plastic cup up to his mouth. I shifted in my seat, not really knowing what to say.

"She's... She's not an easy one. I have to make her trust me," I said, shrugging. It was the truth after all.

Oliver huffed. "And you're still acting?"

"Of course."

"Doesn't seem like that, mate."

I was taken aback by his statement. It doesn't look like an act? What the hell does it look like then?

"What do you mean?" I asked as I shook my head, frowning at him.

"Nothing, just... You've never worked so hard for a girl. I mean, it's not like it's been long, only like a week or so... But you'd usually give up after two days. Hell, after two hours even!" Oliver chuckled.

I looked at my cup on the table in front of me. Yeah, what he said was true, I wouldn't put much effort into getting a girl. Not at all, actually. As soon as I'd see she likes attention and to play hard to get, I'd give up. I don't need some bitch telling around Louis Tomlinson is chasing her.

But with Lorena... I don't know, it was different. I know my friends had dared me to go after her, but we had this unofficial rule; if the girl is being a bitch, forget about her. That's all. I couldn't say Lorena was being a bitch, but I should have given up by now. Why hadn't I? Why was she still the only girl on my mind?

"I think someone's got a crush here, and it ain't me," Another friend of mine, Leo said laughing, and the others laughed along.

I frowned at him. "Fuck you." I shook my head, chuckling as I did. Me, having a crush... I hadn't had a crush since fourth grade, which was about the same time I stopped using the word "crush".

"Aw, don't worry Lou, there's a first time for everything," Leo said and I laughed in disbelief. Why did he suddenly turn into a 40 year old woman with five kids?

"Hey, speaking of first times, and I'm serious 'bout this one," Rhys, the only blond guy at the table, said and sat up in his chair before continuing.

"What if Lorena's never..." He trailed off and looked among us. As soon as I realized what he had meant, I huffed.

"Of course she has," I said bluntly as I sipped a bit of my coke. He surprised me as he frowned at me.

"How do you know? You've never gotten into her pants," Rhys said and the others laughed, and I just started nodding sarcastically.

"Seriously though, why do you think so?" He asked again, leaning on the table and I shrugged.

"I just do. I mean, have you seen her? She's absolutely beautiful, who wouldn't tap that?" I said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, because to me it was. Surprisingly, the guys didn't seem to think so, as they all widened their eyes at me.