Chapter 23

~A/N~

I don't know why, but the chapters just keep getting longer and longer. Still, I hope you like it!
Also, you might not want to read a part of this chapter if you're younger than 13. Nothing big! Just... a PG-13 scene hehe. Ok now I'm rambling, you are free to enjoy chapter 23! xx

*******

Lorena's POV

"You are whipped," Caitlyn said slowly as she chuckled, and I couldn't help but look up at her from my laptop. "Excuse me?" I muttered as I closed it, and stood up in front of the mirror so I could adjust my ponytail.

"You both are." She laughed darkly, not looking up at me from her tablet. I, on the other hand, was staring at her in disbelief. Does every best friend treat the other one like this? I mean... Whipped? I don't think so. "Stop being ridiculous." I glared at her, even though she didn't see me, and put on my shoes.

"Ridiculous?" Caitlyn asked, shocked obviously. "You're the one asking him for help, buying his sister a gift, and not paying any attention whatsoever to other guys because of him!" God, I hated how she made it sound. So what if I asked him to help me for my exams? He asked me to help him buy a present for his sister in return, whose birthday was a month away, and of course I accepted! It was so sweet and thoughtful of him!

But, wait...

"What? What other guys?" I frowned at Caitlyn, and she finally looked away from her tablet at me, with a roll of her eyes. Of course.

"Well," She started, and I immediately knew this wouldn't be short. "First there's Evan. Don't even look at me like that! I swear, he drools over you more than he does over Kylie when you rehearse those bloody scenes. Even Dawson noticed that."

I frowned at her last couple of words; Miss Dawson? Noticing that a guy likes me before I do? Nah, never. I refuse to believe that. Not her, not Miss Dawson. She was blind when it came to anything other than acting. So no. Nope. Nuh-uh.

"Then there's, um, Peter... I think that's his name, he's a freshman. There's that look again, stop looking at me like that!" My best friend exclaimed as she saw me scowl. But seriously, the conversation was getting more and more ridiculous by the second.

"Alright, are there any other guys who like me, because Louis' waiting?" I raised my eyebrows at her, my hand already on the door handle. If there was, it was probably going to be another comical example.

"Of course." Caitlyn grinned at me. "Zach."

Well. That definitely took me by surprise. "Z-Zach?" I stuttered. "Zach who?"

"Zach, as in Louis' roommate Zach." That was exactly what I was afraid of.

"You are officially too full of bullshit," I muttered as I shook my head at her, and left the dorm, genuinely pissed off. I could handle her nonsense about guys 'liking me', but Zach? Seriously? That was too ridiculous, even for her. Kind of low, as well. Not only that he would never do that to Louis, he'd never fancy me even if Louis wasn't in the picture. The whole idea, the entire thought of him, just... No. Period.

I shook my head to get rid of the unnecessary thoughts as I exited the building, and saw Louis walking around, looking at his feet. He waved at a couple of people that called his name, but started ignoring all of them when I came into his sight, a wide smile appearing on his face.

By then, I had kind of wrapped my mind around the fact that he did have some sort of feelings for me; he'd been showing me that for almost two months. It became a little more serious after our ruined date two weeks ago, and it seemed as though he was trying to make up for that by taking me out for lunch, helping me with homework and for my exams, and generally just spending time with me. I don't remember seeing him with other girls over the past few weeks, but I wasn't going to think about that. I didn't need to know if he'd been with someone while he's sneaking around with me. I liked to think I was the only girl whom he'd buy raspberry muffins, tie shoe laces, lend hoodies, pin against the wall of the school building one hour before midnight...