Chapter 17

~A/N~

Surprise update because JesUS CHRIST I HAVE NEVER SEEN PEOPLE HATE ON A CLIFFHANGER SO MUCH ok enjoy chapter 17 xxxx

*******

Louis' POV

"I'm telling you, it doesn't hu- ow, ow, ow, ow, OW!"

"You said it doesn't hurt," The doctor said monotonically. I sighed and looked around; a couple of policemen were talking to the bartender and the owner of the club, along with another few people. The guy whose nose I broke earlier this evening was nowhere to be seen, along with Lorena and Caitlyn. Devon was standing in front of me, obviously just waiting for the doctor to leave so he could have a father-son talk with me, again.

"You're lucky you didn't get your ribs broken," The doctor said as he finished his work, and I nodded in response. I could only imagine how it would feel to have a broken rib, when a punched one, like mine here, hurts like a bitch.

"Alright, we're all done here. Just be careful for the next few days." I nodded and the guy left, probably to look for blondie, while I stayed on the cot.

"You alright?" Devon asked as he approached me, and sat next to me.

"Yeah," I said through a sigh. Physically I wasn't that bad, though I was eating myself on the inside. Not only had I let my anger get the best of me, but I ruined Lorena's birthday. Instead of dancing and laughing, she had to be interrogated by the police. One thing I knew for sure, not only was she never going to be my girlfriend, or anything even remotely similar, but she will also never look at me again. And I wanted to set that motherfucker on fire because of it.

"Just let me talk to him..." I heard a female voice say, a few meters away from me and Devon I'd say. My heart rate immediately increased, which wasn't very good or safe in that moment, but I didn't care; I recognized the voice immediately and the fact that she wanted to talk to me almost gave me the ability to fly.

"Okay, but don't excite him a lot, he's very- hey!" I heard the doctor from before say, and his choice of words made me chuckle. Although I stopped immediately when a very angry looking Lorena appeared in front of me, with a panicked Caitlyn next to her.

"Lorena, lis-" Slap. Just like that, I was facing the side of the van. If I didn't know she had a good reason for it, I'd be yelling now.

"You. Idiot!" She shouted at me, and I had to swallow a lump that had started forming into my throat. I couldn't even look her in the eyes. I swear I'd start crying.

"Are you fucking mental?! You could have gotten seriously hurt!" Her voice cracked at the end of her sentence, and that made me look up at her. The sight only made my heart sink to my toes; Lorena had tears in her eyes that she was persistently trying to hide, but the small sobs escaping her lips weren't helping her.

"We're gonna leave..." Caitlyn pulled Devon off of the cot, though I barely even noticed them.

I leaned my head to the side as I watched Lorena, the view eating my soul.

"Lori..." I said quietly, a little desperate, trying to get her to look at me somehow. She rubbed her eyes for a few seconds and then finally looked at me, a disappointed look on her face. I usually wouldn't give two fucks if someone was looking at me like that, but everything was different with Lorena.

"Why did you have to do it, why did you have to push him?" She asked and I started shaking my head furiously, despite the slight dizziness I was feeling.

"No! He hit me first, I would never start a fight." Well. That last one might have been a lie.

"I'm sure he didn't just hit you out of habit! What did you do, Louis?" She asked, desperation audible in her voice.