Sixteen

"Hey, did you get in trouble?" I ask Paul as he struts out of the school with a smirk.
"Nah, don't worry about it babe." He says and plants a kiss on my lips. I stand there in confusion before spinning on my heels, my sneakers grinding the gravel, and jog to catch up with Paul. Something happened today that boosted his ego.
"Paul?" I question cautiously.
"I'm introducing you to my dad tonight." He determines and I freeze.
"What? W-Wait, your father?" I ask, my heart racing. He spins around with his face spread out in a grin.
"Is my college student nervous about meeting a high school boy's dad?" He teases and my lips pucker a little and I lean to the side, folding my arms across my chest.
"I'm nervous about meeting my boyfriend's father." I correct and his face falls and takes three steps forward before resting his hands on my biceps.
"Sorry." He mumbles and I nod a little.
"So what's with the mood?" I ask with a raised eyebrow and he grins before hugging me to him and spinning me around. I squeal in surprise before he sets me on my feet.
"W-What was that!?..." I ask in embarrassment, looking around to see people staring.
"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I have never been so happy to wake up in the morning." He sighs out with a stupid grin on his face. I flush red and go to punch him but he grabs my hand and kisses my knuckles.
"Don't do that, you'll hurt your hand." He says and he's probably right, which makes me even redder. I take my hand out of his and start jogging home.
"Awe babe!! Babe come back!" Paul shouts and I hear his friends laughing. I could feel Paul following me so I slid to a stop and look back at him.
"Stay." I point at him and he stops, so I smirk. "Good puppy." I wink and the other boys laugh even harder before I start running again, though shortly after I'm thrown over Paul's shoulder and ran back to his truck. I'm set on my feet and I glare at him as he grins, though I climb in the box with everyone else.
"Needs to be house trained." I grumble and fold my arms over my chest and the boys laugh, though Quill wasn't here, he had to run today's perimeter. Neither was Jacob. Paul pulls out of the parking lot and drives Jared and Embry to their homes so they could get some sleep. Paul drives up to Emily's house and kills the engine before looking back at me who was still in the box of the truck.
"Are you still pouting?" He smiles and I roll my eyes, looking away so he couldn't see my smile.
"Come run with me, I'm getting anxious." I tell him and I hear him chuckle before getting out of the truck. I hop out of the box and look up to him, allowing him to plant a kiss on my lips.
"Anything you want." He says and I grin before we start running out of La Push and along the road. The pack doesn't want anyone in the forest.
"So what time are we going to your house?" I ask him as he jogs beside me.
"Around seven?" He suggests and I look at my watch, it's only two, I can head home around five and shower and get ready and pick up something for the house by seven.
"Do you mind staying out with me until five?" I ask hesitantly, expecting him to sign in annoyance but he looks to me with a grin.
"You can run for that long?" He asks, a spark of excitement in his eyes. I nod a little and he whistles before looking straight ahead of himself.
"You're perfect." He smiles to himself and I'm sure I wasn't supposed to hear it so I just smile to myself and look straight ahead as we continue to run.
"Hey Paul?" I look up at him and he looks at me, waiting for what I'm going to say next.
"What does your dad l-" but I couldn't finish. My heart felt like it was sucks through a straw, turned into a bouncy ball, and thrown in my chest to go wild. I trip over my own feel and go tumbling amd rolling against the pavement. I think I heard Paul, I'm sure I did, but my heart be manes my atention. My vision went red and I could feel myself writhing and clawing at my throat, trying to breathe through it, but my heart wasn't letting me do that either. I think I felt Paul's hands on my arms but I wasn't sure, my whole body felt numb and tingly, like all the blood rushed back to my heart.
Then nothing.