Seventeen

"She - She won't wake up! Why won't she wake up!?" Paul freaks out as he bursts into Emily's house. Everyone had been lounging around but as soon as Paul scrambled into the home with a limp Jenna, everyone was on their feet.
"Put her on the table." Emily rushes out, running over and throwing everything off of it. Baked goods rolled to the floor and for the first time, the Pack couldn't care.
"I'm calling an ambulance." Jared tells th, pulling the home phone off of the wall and he gets started, explaining exactly what was happening to the operator.
"Paul, she needs you to be there, if you keep going like this, you're going to phase out." Sam rests his hands on his friend's and best fighter's shoulders, staring him in the eyes. Though Paul couldn't focus on him long, he was frantic.
"She's not breathing!" Emily calls before climbing up onto the table and administering CPR.
"Where's the ambulance!?" Sam calls at Jared.
"Twenty minutes." He replies gravely. "She doesn't have twenty minutes!" Paul shouts amd Sam looks around amd his scared faced pack, a dying imprint, and a frantic Emily.
"Give the phone." Sam orders and Jared throws it at him. Sam quickly dials and after only two rings, they pick up.
"This is Carlisle."
There was no doubt that everyone in the room heard the Vampire's voice through the phone, all but Emily.
"We need a favor." Sam replies and after a split second's hesitation, Carlisle is answering.
"What do you need, Sam?"
"A doctor, we have someone here that might die if nothing is done."
"I'll be there right away." Carlisle answers before hanging up.
Sam takes a deep breath and sets the phone down, going outside and pacing back and forth in front of the house, anxiously awaiting the Vampire's arrival.
"Jenna, please. Please hold on, please." Paul pleas as he holds onto one of her hands, speaking against her knuckles.
"Don't leave, please." Paul tears up and the rest of the pack watches on in helpless shame. To watch the hothead reduced to tears, to stand around with no purpose, to watch Emily as she tries keeping Jenna's heart beating.
"She has a weak heart, sharp adrenaline spikes, and ADHD." Sam explains to Carlisle as they rush into the home.
"Has she taken any medication?" Carlisle asks, resting a hand on Emily's shoulder. Emily looks over at him as he puts on his stethoscope, but she doesn't stop pounding on Jenna's chest.
"Downers, to try and calm the ADHD down." Paul replies quickly.
"I need to see them, do you know where they are?" Carlisle replies as he listens to Jenna's chest.
Paul shoots up and the pack parts like a red sea as he shoots up the stairs and into her room, grabbing the yellow pill bottle by the bedside table and he jumps down the steps four at a time, skidding to a stop in front of Carlisle.
He takes the bottle from Paul, looking over the ingredients quickly.
"How much does she weigh?"
"145 pounds."
"Is she alergic to anything?" Carlisle asks as he quickly sifts through his bag.
"I-I don't know." Paul's voice cracks and Carlisle doesn't reply as he pulls out a syringe and glass bottle of liquid.
"She's reacted radically to the downers, it shut her system down. I have to give her an adrenaline spike but this could kill her as well." Carlisle tells them after getting the right amount of liquid in the syringe.
"Are you prepared for that?" Carlisle asks Paul who looks frantic.
"There's nothing else you can do?" He asks and Carlisle who remains silent. Everyone knew the other option implied by the silence. Paul looks to Sam desperately but for once, he couldn't give Paul the right answer. He couldn't give the pack orders that would make them useful. He couldn't do anything himself.
"Paul, you need to make a decision now." Carlisle urges.
"Do it, give her the shot." Paul hesitates before blurting out what he hopes is the right answer.
"Emily." Carlisle speaks softly and the woman climbs off of Jenna, panting and sweating as she watches over Carlisle who easily slides the needle into Jenna's chest. Once the liquid was transfered into Jenna's system, he pulls the needle out and puts a cotton ball over the puncture wound.
A long couple of tense seconds pass before Jenna's body starts writhing, her heart beat beating irregularly fast ass she foams at the mouth. Carlisle turns her on her side and strikes her in the back as Paul clutches at his hair and tears pour down his face as he mutters Jenna's name over and over again.
The paramedics burst into the home and Carlisle quickly explains the situation to them as they get Jenna onto a gurney and they rush into the ambulance, leaving everyone else behind.
"Come on, we'll follow them to the hospital." Jared grabs the keys to the truck and Sam helps Paul into the truck, everyone clamoring in at lightning speed.
"I'll drive." Emily decides, grabbing the keys and speeding after the ambulance. Everyone wanted to assure Paul that everything was going to be okay, but everyone knew that those were slim chances.