Shock(12)

hey new chappie for y'all pups. love you guys
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cage's POV :
Everything seemed to be going in slow-motion. I felt like i was in a daze. I watched numbly as doctors and nurses flaunted my sides checking my pupils and so on and so forth.

I couldn't believe the news i was recieving..my sweet little mate..in a coma? I looked around still dazed when i finally heard the news that my family was recieving.
"-he seems to have gone into a state of shock,obviously from the news that his mate was in a coma-" i watched my dad's brow furrow for a second before nodding stiffly and my mother nodded.
"How is he by the way? I hope he isn't too bad off." My mother said in a worried tone her eyebrows furrowed,her warm hazel eyes filled with worry.

"Actually he is doing a lot better than we had originally thought he was. We were thrown off by how much blood there was,and assumed the worse. Turns out he only had minimal bruising but a lot of cuts, he has a broken rib and sprained wrist. That's a lot less than we thought we were going to have to deal with. The only reason he's a in a coma at the moment is because what we used to put him under so we can fix him up was actually too strong and he ended up slipping into a coma." My parents nodded along thoughtfully and my mother turned to me worried.
"Honey did you hear any of that?" I nodded gazing at my mother and watching as she gave me a sad smile,and wrapped her arms around me. "He'll be okay."

My gaze traveled to the doctor and my father," How long is he expected to stay under for?" I asked my voice shaky and uncertain. At the moment I didn't care how weak I sounded. Something had happened to my mate and I had every right to be scared and uncertain about myself.
"He is expected to only stay under for a few days. He should be awake within a week or two." I nodded solemnly, biting my lip.
"We'll be leaving now." I didn't pay the nurses and doctors any mind as they left the room and I continued to stare forwards. "Honey? See, I told you he should be fine. The doctor said that he should be awake soon." I looked at my mother. I gazed into her hopeful hazel eyes.
"Yeah."

Once everyone was gone and I was left to my own thoughts. As I settled into bed that night. I remembered all the times where the doctors were wrong about their diagnosis about their patients and their conditions.
I thought idly of the times their diagnosis had gone wrong with ME or MY family,well the human anyway. All those times when we were told it was just this or that. But then having someone die BECAUSE these people were trusted so thoroughly it made me sick to my stomach.

So of course I thought, that maybe just maybe their prognosis of my mate's condition could be wrong.
What If he didn't wake up? What if he die- No. I can't let myself think that.

He'll be okay...

Right?