7

Ara didn't go to school the next day. She didn't feel like it. She stayed at home, laying upon her incomplete bed, staring at the blank ceiling.

This wasn't home. Was home meant to feel like a vast, emptiness of space; lingering for some human comfort?

A place where no one to talk with, except the person in your head?

Her parents were always working. The only time they would contact her is with a card, on her birthday. It would read,

"Happy birthday Ara, Mummy and Daddy love you very much! We're sorry that we couldn't be with you. We promise we will have a big party next year! Have a wonderful day."

Pathetic.

The only word that came to Ara's head, upon reading the card was 'Pathetic'.

They used the same, exact words for every single one of her birthday's, since she was 10 years old.

She was now 18.

She had read that same message every year for 8 years and had memorised every single word. The handwriting wasn't even her parents', but actually; her parents' maid.

With no other human company, Ara had become lonely, socially awkward and insane.

Her parents had left her alone with nothing but money.

Ara was bullied for most of her life.

When she was younger, no one teased her. Cause they all looked the same.

But when she went to high school, everything changed.

They would make fun of everything;
her height,
her weight,
her clothes,
her hair,
her skin
and most importantly,
her family.

No one knew her whole story. Heck, they didn't even know half of it.

All they knew was that her parents cared more about their job than their daughter.

And that was the perfect way to target her.

They made her insecure about everything.

Every morning, she woke up with puffy eyes from crying the night before. She learnt that putting spoons in the freezer and then pressing them against your eyes, will help with the redness and puffiness.

She faked a smile to all her teachers and never showed her true personality to any person.

Except one,

Jeon Jungkook.