Chapter 1

"Natsu" Happy yelled out to he's sleeping best friend. Natsu jolted awake and fell off he's hammock. Natsu stood up while rubbing the bump on he's head.

"What's up buddy?" Natsu asked groggily

"It's already 10:00 am, Natsu" Happy replied

"Shit really? I guess I must've slept in" Natsu replied while getting change into he's one sleeved waist coat.

"Well you did stay up all night to make Lucy's birthday present for today because you liiiiiiiiike heeeeer" Happy said

"Shut up" Natsu replied

As Natsu was getting changed Happy saw the scars on Natsu's back. Happy has seen it before but he never asked Natsu about it. Natsu put on the scarf that Igneel gave to him.

"Natsu?" Happy asked quietly

"What's up Happy?" Natsu asked Happy. Happy was going to ask Natsu about the scars on Natsu's back but he decided last minute to drop the conversation. He didn't want to bring up any old memories that Natsu had put behind him.

"Can we go fishing before we go to the guild?" Happy asked. Natsu gave Happy he's signature smile and put a thumbs up.

"Of course. I'm starving. I feel like I could eat the whole lake" Natsu exclaimed

"Natsu, you can't eat a lake" Happy pointed out.

Natsu and Happy went out fishing near there house. Natsu and Happy waited patiently for the fish to bite the bait. They eventually caught 13 fishes all together and they began fighting over the last fish. Eventually, Natsu felt bad for Happy so he gave him the last fish.

"We should get back to the guild" Natsu said looking at the sun. He could tell what time it was, just by looking at the sun. It 1:00. He sighed softly and began walking off to the guild.

"Hurry up Happy" Natsu yelled out.

"Aye sir" Happy replied. He flew next to Natsu and they began heading towards the guild.

Once they entered the guild they saw everyone celebrating.

"What's up with the celebration?" Natsu asked he's partner. Happy shrugged in confusion.

"Natsu, Happy. Where have you guys been?" Mirajane asked

"Sorry Mira, I kinda over slept" Natsu replied

"It's okay. Lucy's waiting over there for you" Mirajane said pointing over to the table which was filled with people such as Gray, Juvia, Erza, Wendy, Carla, Gajeel, Lily, Levy and Lucy's celestial spirits.

"What's up with the celebration?" Natsu asked

"It's Lucy's birthday. Did you already forget?" Mirajane asked, completely shocked at how dense Natsu was.

"Oh shit" Natsu whispered. "Happy stay here. I forgot Lucy's present at home"

Natsu ran out of the guild and back to he's house to get Lucy's presents. He pushed by the people as quickly as possible and as soon as he made it home, he started to try to find the present for Lucy. As he was trying to find the present for Lucy he stumbled upon a light blue heart necklace. He started at the necklace for 5 whole minutes. Natsu slowly closed he's eyes as if he was thinking about something. He picked it up and put it in he's pocket. He then went to get the box for Lucy. He quickly ran back to the guild in order to make it back in time for Lucy's gift giving.

Happy flew over to Lucy.

"Happy birthday" Happy yelled out

"Thanks Happy" Lucy said happily. Happy gave Lucy a cooked fish with a ribbon on it. "How thoughtful of you Happy" Lucy said grabbing the fish. Happy watched Lucy with big eyes, he waited for Lucy to eat the cooked fish and Lucy finally ate the fish.