Chapter 3

Erza was waiting at the train station for the rest of the team. Gray was already there and packed. Wendy was also there without Carla. Lucy came a bit later.

While Natsu.....

"Ohhhh shit where is it?" Natsu yelled looking for his spare outfit. He finally found it and shoved it in his back pack. He shoved everything that he needed, Happy only packed fish. Natsu and Happy began running towards the police station but something fell out of Natsu's bag. Happy kept on flying towards the train station which was only a few meters away. He grabbed the pocket watch that fell out of the bag.

"Oi hurry up flame brain before we leave without you" Gray yelled out to Natsu. Natsu made sure the pocket watch wasn't broken. He then proceeded to put the watch in his pocket. In the pocket watch was a picture of an older man with an older woman who had 3 children. Natsu could be seen to be around 4 years old in the photo. Natsu ran over to the team and went used her Troia spell on Natsu. Erza used her magic to put everyone's luggages or bags into her storage.

"Thanks Wendy" Natsu said happily. The team went on the train, Happy sat on Natsu's lap, Wendy, Lucy and Natsu, on one seat together while Erza, Gray and Juvia sat on the opposite seat together. Natsu rested his head against the window and looked out.

"We should all try to get some sleep. A long journey awaits" Erza said. Juvia leaned her head on Gray's shoulders and fell asleep, Gray rested his head on Juvias head. Erza fell asleep on the rear window while Lucy fell asleep on Natsu's shoulders, Happy fell asleep on Natsu's lap and Wendy fell asleep when she was resting her arm on the arm rest. Everyone but Natsu was asleep. Natsu looked out of the window, he allowed his hidden memories resurface into he's mind.

Flash back

"You worthless piece of shit" A built man yelled at an 8 year old Natsu. Natsu was trying to hide in the corner of the room but failed. The room was filled with darkness and Natsu's body was covered with whip marks. The build man was able to manipulate the darkness in the room.

He used a whip which was made out of dark matter to hit Natsu over and over again.

"Stop it" Natsu yelled at his father.

"I dare you to talk to me like that again" the man yelled at Natsu. He made the whip disappear into thin air. He gripped Natsu's neck, black, dark smoke began falling from Natsu's mouth. Natsu tried to gasp for air but none came to. He tried to make his father let go but it was pointless

"You are a FAILURE. YOU HEAR ME BOY. I SHOULD KILL YOU RIGHT HERE" the man yelled at Natsu. The man stopped suffocating Natsu, he let go of Natsu and dropped him to the ground. Natsu heard someone walk down the stairs.

"Father stop" an older boy said to his father sternly. The older boy was around 15 years old

"This boy must learn his lesson" the man yelled.

"Father I understand that, but he's only 8 years old" the older boy said

"Keita, are you growing weak my boy? Are you starting to care for a worthless humans' life?" The father yelled at the boy that was revealed to be Keita.

"No father. I would never care about a pitiful human life. But I do care for my younger brother" Keita yelled at his father. The man looked at Keita with deadly eyes. He absorbed the darkness that was filling up the room and left the basement. The basement was not as dark as it was before. Keita walked up to his brother and began comforting him.

"Why does daddy hate me?" Natsu cried.

"Because he's a selfish bastard" Keita told he's brother. Keita began patching up Natsu's wounds.

"Will you always be here to save me?" Natsu asked his older brother

"Of course I will. You are my brother. I only care for you, Akame and mum" Keita said.

"What is daddy doing to us?" Natsu asked

"He's trying to make us into...monsters....killers" Keita said

"Why?" Natsu asked softly

"He wants to take over this pointless world" Keita said.

"I don't want to" Natsu said stubbornly. Keita smiled at his younger brother. He reached into his pocket and gave Natsu a pocket watch.

"What is this?" Natsu asked.

"Mum gave it to me before.....before she died. She told me that no matter what....she'll always be there for us. This pocket watch belonged to mum. And now, it belongs to you" Keita said. He gave Natsu the pocket watch.

"Take care of it yeah?" Keita told Natsu. Natsu smiled happily at his older brother and nodded he's head. Keita hugged Natsu.

"We better leave before he comes back" Keita said. He grabbed Natsu and carried him up to his bed room. Natsu felt asleep instantly.

"Natsu, never let the darkness consume you like it has done to me" Keita whispered to Natsu

Flash back end

Natsu closed his eyes. A tear fell out of his eyes. Natsu gripped the pocket watch tightly.

"Where the hell are you Keita?" Natsu whispered to him self. Natsu heard the train stop and he quickly shoved the pocket watch into his pocket. He didn't realise that he had been staring outside for 4 hours. Erza woke up and yelled at everyone else to wake up.

"Everyone wake up. We'll travel on foot from here on out so be prepared" Erza said. She took out a map and pointed to tree.

"Can I ask who drew this?" Gray asked

"I did. I drew this in great detail" Erza said, she felt a self accomplishment. She pointed to the tree.

"This tree here indicates
the forest that we'll travel through. This forest is called the Forrest of the dead" Erza said

"Why exactly are we going to a forest that's called the Forrest of the dead?" Lucy asked feeling scared. She and Wendy were hugging each other with fear.

"Since it'll be taking us almost a month to travel to our s class mission, I asked Mirajane to keep me updated on some missions that are around the area that we're in" Erza said

"How are you guys communicating?" Gray asked

"Through this Lacrima" Erza said.

"Okay cool. Let's hurry up and get off this hell hole. I can feel troia spell starting to wear off" Natsu said

"Why are you so excited to to go into a forest called the Forrest of death?" Lucy asked

"Because it sounds like another adventure to me" Natsu said excitedly.

"An adventure to our deaths maybe. But of course, flame brain here is too dense to realise that" Gray taunted

"What's wrong ice princess? Afraid of a little adventure?" Natsu taunted

"I'm not afraid. I just have enough brain cells to know that a forest called the Forrest of death is probably a death trap waiting for us to take the bait" Gray said to Natsu. At this point they began heat butting.

"I think droopey eyes here is a scared little chicken shit" Natsu taunted

"Droopey eyes? Like you're the one to talk with your squinty eyes" Gray yelled. Before Natsu could yell back at Gray Erza hit Natsu and Gray over there head with her fists.

"We must leave now" Erza said. Natsu and Gray rubbed the bumps on there head and began following Erza, Happy Lucy and Wendy.