Chapter 30

Natsu was excited to see all his friends, he couldn't wait to see how they have all grown but he couldn't deny the nagging voice inside his head that told him that they wouldn't be happy to see him. He left them out of nowhere, only leaving a note behind to comfort them. He sighed and looked at Aqua, the brown exceed who he had just met, the 2 of them were walking towards the village of the exceed since the fairy tail guild had decided to hide out there for the time being.

"So, do you want to tell me why you want me to kill the queen?" Natsu asked, he didn't exactly agree to killing the Queen but he did nod his head which he realised was a bad move.

"I'm not asking you why you need to find the fairy tail guild am I?" Aqua replied, Natsu had to hold his fist back from punching the exceed.

"To be fair I'm not asking you to kill anyone" Natsu replied calmly despite wanting to teach the brat a lesson about manners and respect to their elders.

Aqua shot Natsu a death glare, she let out a sigh, "She's the reason my younger brother is gone", Natsu felt guilty for asking her about it but he needed to know why she wanted him to kill the queen.

Natsu pondered over what the child had said, she wasn't wrong but she also wasn't completely right, "How so?"

"Does it matter? The queen sent my brother away, end of story" Aqua stated, she began flying again.

Natsu sighed, he felt guilty for tricking her but he wasn't about to jeopardise his morals for the sake of the girl. The 2 walked in silence for the next 15 minutes.

"We're here" Aqua stated firmly, Natsu looked at the area, he noticed that there was nothing but trees and rocks here, he also realised that he was in this exact same place before when he was looking for the X on the map previously.

"THERE'S NOTHING HERE!" Natsu shouted out loud, Aqua sighed and shook her head.

"The village is protected by a magical barrier" Aqua stated, "If you want me to give you access to the village then promise me that you'll kill the queen"

Natsu stared at the trees, looking for any indication that a village was being hidden by a magical barrier, "I can't promise you that"

Aqua stared at Natsu with bewilderment, "You're going back on our deal?"

"Technically I made no deal with you, I just nodded" Natsu stated while looking around the area.

"You bastard" Aqua cursed, "I'm not giving you access to the village then"

Natsu stared at Aqua with a serious look, "I'm sorry that I tricked you to taking me here but I'm not going to kill the queen, she's a friend of mine and I don't betray my friends"

"I hate liars like you, people who go back on their promises. You're no better than a killer" Aqua said while seething with anger, Natsu gave Aqua a glare that would scare off a dragon.

"DON'T call me killer" Natsu said in a deep voice, he clenched his fist so he didn't hit the annoying brat, he let out a sigh and tried to calm down, "Tell me why the queen sent your brother away"

Aqua remained quiet, "You don't have to tell me the reason but it means that I can't help you" Natsu stated.

"Why does it matter? The only way you can help me is to kill the queen" Aqua muttered, she truly believed that killing the queen would solve her problem.

"And what would that accomplish?" Natsu asked calmly, "Kill the queen and then what?"

"I don't care! I just want the years with my brother back" Aqua shouted, tears started to form in her eyes. 'Why the hell does this kid have to start crying?' Natsu thought to himself.

"Were you outside the village to find someone to kill the queen?" Natsu asked the kid, he understood where she was coming from but killing the queen is not going to solve the problem.

Aqua nodded her head softly, "The queen apologised but that doesn't make up for what she had done" Natsu nodded his head in understanding but he didn't know what to say to the kid who was crying over the lost years with her brother.

Natsu sighed, he could easily break the protection barrier that was protecting the village since he knew where it was now but he could not leave this helpless child alone, "JUST TELL ME WHY THE YEARS WITH YOUR BROTHER WAS LOST" Natsu suddenly shouted getting irritated at the silence between them, Aqua flew back a bit out of fear of Natsu. He was not scary but it was the sudden noise that he had made that cause her to fly a few cm back.

Aqua looked down at her brown paws, "My brother was one of the exceeds that were sent here to kill the dragon slayers...the queen ripped my baby brother while he was still an egg away from my parents....and when we finally came back I found him again but he didn't recognise me...he didn't need me anymore because he found a new family"

Natsu sighed, was this how Zeref felt? Did Zeref feel like he abandoned him? "Fair enough, I get where you're coming from. What the queen did was wrong and selfish but do you know why she did it?"

Aqua shook her head, "Back in Edolas, the queen had a vision that the dragon slayers were going to be the reason of the exceeds extermination and she truly believed that the only way that to save your race was to send the unborn children of exceeds to Earthland. She loved her own people so much that she was willing to sacrifice her own child" Natsu stated, he knew that the queen was Carla's mother and that Happy's parents were the old grumpy farmer and the nice blue lady.

"Is...is that true? She scarified her own child?" Aqua asked, she didn't know that the queen had sacrificed her very own child. She shook her head, "It doesn't change the fact that I lost almost 15 years with my brother"

"You're right it doesn't, but why are you spending your time finding someone to kill the queen when you could be spending time to get to know your brother?" Natsu asked, he knew the kid didn't have an answer but he also knew that she had given up her path of revenge.

"I don't like you" Aqua stated stubbornly because she couldn't answer the question that Natsu had just asked.

"Not a lot of people do" Natsu joked while rubbing his hand behind his head. Aqua sighed,

"I'll break the barrier for you" Aqua sighed in defeat, she walked over to a tree that Natsu had been staring at for a while and placed her palm against it. She closed her eyes, after a few seconds past a barrier around the village had dispersed exceeds flying everywhere could be seen.

Houses were built into the trees, exceeds were flying around playfully, this is what true peace looked like, none of the exceeds had a care in the world right now and Natsu felt guilty for he was going to be the one that will break that peace.

Natsu looked around the village in awe, he then noticed a certain blonde who was playing with an orange looking exceed, "Lucy" Natsu muttered under his breath.