Chapter 5

"What do you mean they can't be saved?" Lucy asked, she was slightly scared of the answer. Natsu walked up to one of the children. He put he's hand on one of there head and looked into their eyes. He closed his eyes slowly and sadly.

"I'm so sorry" Natsu whispered.

"Natsu?" Lucy asked in concern.

"They don't have a soul anymore" Natsu said angrily.

"What the hell are you going on about? How can someone not have a soul you idiot?" Gray yelled at Natsu, he didn't want to believe that he couldn't save these kids. They were only 7 or 8 years old.

"Natsu's right. They don't possess a soul. They are simply puppets" Erza said. She summoned her sword.

"Erza? What are you doing?" Wendy asked with fear in her voice.

"I'm putting them out of their misery" Erza said without any emotion. Before anyone could stop Erza from killing the kids, Natsu grabbed the sword before the sword could harm the children. The blood started to drip down Natsu hand as the sword cut Natsu's hand.

"Natsu" Lucy whispered.

"Natsu let go" Erza yelled.

"They're innocent" Natsu said

"THEY CANT BE SAVED NATSU. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND NATSU. YOU HAVEN'T SEEN WHAT I'VE SEEN" Erza yelled at Natsu

"What're you talking about?" Gray asked. Wendy, Lucy and Juvia were to afraid to ask Erza or Natsu any questions.

"When I was enslaved into building the tower of heaven. There was a man....he was able to manipulate darkness or something similar to that. He made....a very close friend of mine into what these children are" Erza said

"What happened to your friend?" Lucy asked with all her fears aside. Natsu looked at Erza with guilt.

"She was possessed by the man that was able to control darkness. She soon became a guard rather then a prisoner....she tortured....her own friends.....her own family...all because she didn't have a soul" Erza said silently. Everyone looked at Erza with sad and regretful eyes while Natsu looked with guilt.

"The only way to free them, is by killing them" Erza said firmly.

"Natsu, let go of the sword" Gray said. He believed that the only way to free the children is by killing them.
Natsu let go of the sword, he's hand started stinging from the sword, but he didn't move from he's position.

"Natsu move out of the way" Gray said. He activated his ice magic. Juvia got her water out, ready to kill one of the children. Wendy and Lucy weren't ready to kill someone so they backed down. They couldn't live with the guilt of knowing they killed an innocent person, even if they don't have a soul.

"Wait" Natsu said. He turned to the kids and crouch.

"Do you fear death?" Natsu asked the children

"We do not feel fear. Death is nothing to be scared of. We all die in the end" the children said without any emotions. Natsu chuckled softly.

"I'll kill them" Natsu said to his team. He was now standing up.

"Natsu you don't have to" Erza said

"I know. But I have to be the one that kills him" Natsu said with sadness.

"What are you going on about, you idiot? These children aren't our responsibility" Gray shouted at Natsu

"JUST LET ME DO THIS" Natsu shouted back at Gray which shocked everyone. "Please" Natsu whispered. No one expected Natsu to beg. Erza made her sword disappear. Gray stopped forming his ice and Juvia did the same as Gray.
Wendy and Lucy stood behind a tree with the others as they were  a couple meters away from Natsu.