Chapter 7

Natsu and the rest of the team began walking towards the village, that had requested the mission. They walked for over 3 hours and they finally saw a small village.

"There it is" Happy exclaimed happily. Happy was getting hungry and Natsu had eaten all of Happy's fish. Happy was mad at Natsu and decided to give Natsu the silent treatment.

"Finally" Lucy said feeling tired from walking for a long time. Natsu looked at the village nervously.

"Natsu?" Lucy said softly

"It's okay. I'm okay" Natsu reassured Lucy. He offered Lucy his dashing smile. And Lucy smiled back at Natsu.

They walked into the village and the group of wizards were bombarded with questions such as:
"Have you found the 5 children?"
"Where are they?"
"Why'd you come so late?"

Erza quickly shouted at them to shut up.

"Silence" Erza yelled. Everyone then went dead silent. Erza slowly closed her eyes, allowing the fact that these villagers were going to hate them. So, Erza began telling the villagers about what had happened. Erza left out the part when Youkio said that he could bring them back to life. After Erza told them all that had happened the villages began breaking down in tears.

"Who killed them?" An old man asked. Natsu flinched at the question

"They were already dead" Erza replied

"That isn't answering my question" the old man said firmly.

"I did" Natsu said softly. The villages looked at Natsu with hate and anger. Lucy grabbed Natsu's hand, she tried to comfort him but she knew words couldn't help him in this current situation.

"Do you have a place to stay for the night?" The old man asked

"We unfortunately do not" Erza said.

"You may sleep in the old hut" the old man said. He pointed do a run down broken hut but it was better then sleeping on the cold hard ground.

"But chief. They killed our children" one of the villagers yelled. Soon after a bunch of villagers began agreeing with him.

"Silence" the chief yelled. "You may sleep in the hut for as long gone as you wish. I'll provide you with resources for your trip" the chief said. The fairy tail wizards bowed their heads to the chief to show their gratitude.

"Thank you. This is very much appreciated" Erza said

"Yeah, thanks old man" Natsu said happily. The Wizards walked to the old hut and began setting up their sleeping bags in the hut. There were only 2 beds and the team decided to give it to Gray and Wendy. Juvia, although she was sleeping on the ground , she slept as close to Gray as possible. Erza and Lucy were sitting near the fire that Natsu built for them.

"I'm gonna get some fresh air. I can start to smell ice princess's scent and it smells like crap" Natsu said. He walked out side.

"This whole situation is hitting him pretty hard" Lucy stated.

"Yes indeed it is. Although, it is not his burden to take on alone. We all share the burden of the deaths of the children" Erza stated.

"I think what's getting to him the most, is the fact that there was a way to save those children" Gray said

"No, what the man said was a lie. You cannot simply take ones soul away and give it back to them like its nothing. There's always a consequence" Erza stated.

"Your friend....what happened to her?" Wendy asked

"We tried everything we could to return her soul. Eventually we found a wizard that could communicate to the dead. The wizard was able to get the soul of my friend back but she was never the same. She became even more vengeful and dangerous. When she didn't have a soul, she didn't have any emotion. When her soul was given back to her, the only emotion she knew was hate, pain and suffering. We had no other choice. We had to end her life, for good" Erza said

"So there really wasn't any real way to save the children?" Wendy asked

"No" Erza said

Natsu stood out side with Happy.

"Natsu? Why'd you take on the responsibility on killing those kids?" Happy asked

"I shouldn't be the reason that everyone else has to feel guilty" Natsu said

"You too, should not feel guilty" the chief said. The chief walked up to Natsu and Happy.

"Oh hey old man" Natsu said to the chief.

"Thank you for letting us stay here" Happy said gratefully

"Of course, after all, you did save those children" the chief said

"How can you say that I saved those children?" Natsu asked

"Because my young boy, if you didn't kill them, they would be living puppets, I will admit that I wish there was another way but there wasn't. You saved those children from being used by the devil" the old man said

"Thanks old man" Natsu said

"Get some rest. I'll prepare your resources for your journey" the chief said. He walked off into the town to prepare their resources.

"Do you feel any better?" Happy asked

"A little" Natsu said. "Get some sleep Happy" Natsu said

"Aye sir" Happy said. He walked off into the old hut.

Natsu stayed out side for a couple of hours looking up at the stars.

Flash back

"Meika, stop this now" Natsu yelled. A village was on fire and there were dead bodies everywhere. Natsu began consuming the fire, he then wiped the blood from his mouth.

"I do not wish to leave. I came here with one objective, and one objective only. I'm here to make you suffer" Meika said without any emotion

"He took your soul....didnt he?" Natsu asked softly

"My soul was taken, but my lord kindly retuned my soul back" Meika said

"What the hell?" Natsu asked. "You know what it doesn't matter whether you have a soul or not. Tell me, why do you want to make me suffer?" Natsu asked

"Because Natsu Dragneel.....you are my love...you are my weakness" Meika said

"I guess you have to kill in order to become a heartless puppet" Natsu chuckled. "Well, I have some bad news for you. I'm not planning on dying anytime soon" Natsu shouted. He ran up to his ex lover and punched her in the face with his fire. She flew back a few feet away from Natsu.

Natsu raised his fire fist, ready to finish her off.

"Kill me Natsu" Meika whispered. Natsu was about to deliver the blow but he had a flashback of Meika, when he first met her. Natsu suddenly stopped in mid air. Meika looked at Natsu in the eyes with great sadness.

Meika teleported behind Natsu and summoned her black ice magic. She created a black ice sword and stabbed it near Natsu's heart but she missed.
Natsu yelled out in pain and collapsed to the ground.

"Natsu Dragneel, goodbye" Meika said emotionless. Natsu's vision began to get blurry.

"Meika" Natsu whimpered softly before the darkness consumed him.

Flashback end

Hey Guys, I wanted to thank you all for reading and sticking with this story. I would also like to thank xx__mysterious__xx for editing my story.