Chapter 6

Lucy woke up with a massive headache. She looked around her, all she saw were dead trees and smoke. She touched her forehead and realised that she had been bleeding. She saw her friends on the ground unconscious. She saw all but Natsu. She started to panic.

"Natsu" Lucy yelled out.

"Lusshhy" Happy said softly with tears in his eyes.

"Happy" Lucy said in relief, she hugged the crying exceed.

"I couldn't find Natsu. There's too much smoke" Happy cried.

"We both know that Natsu is way too stubborn to die" Lucy told Happy. Happy nodded his head but he still had tears running down his face. Lucy wanted to believe what she had just told Happy, but she was finding it difficult to believe her own words

"Is everyone okay?" Erza called out.

"Yes" Lucy called out. Wendy was next to call out and then was Juvia. Gray was still unconscious.

"Where's Natsu?" Erza asked with a hint of fear in her voice.

"We don't know" Lucy cried.

"Wendy can you smell Natsu's scent?" Erza asked

"I can't there's too much smoke" Wendy said "I'm so sorry" Wendy cried

"Juvia is getting worried about Natsu" Juvia said

"Natsu is strong. I know that he's alive" Erza said firmly. They all nodded their heads but they didn't quite believe Erza's words.
Before Erza could take action on finding Natsu, a dark figure or two appeared from the smoke. Erza quickly summoned her sword whilst Lucy put her hands on her celestial keys.

"Don't kill me" Loke said. He was carrying Natsu with one arm.

"Miss me?" Natsu asked weakly. Happy instantly ran into Natsu's arms and sobbed.
"Come on. You didn't think a wave of acid was going to kill me did you?" Natsu asked Happy. Happy only cried more in Natsu's arms.

"Natsu what the hell happened?" Lucy asked. She quickly rushed over to Natsu and helped Loke with Natsu.

"Well I didn't know that fire and acid were a bad combination. I used my awesome fire roar to destroy the acid but instead it reacted with it. It caused a huge explosion....which in all honesty was kind of awesome. Anyways I tried to consume the explosion but the fire got tainted with some of the acid" Natsu said while chuckling. Lucy smiled at Natsu.

"You Baka. You could've gotten yourself killed" Lucy said hitting Natsu on the chest.

"You can't get rid of me that easily" Natsu laughed.

"How come you're here Loke? I don't remember summoning you" Lucy said

"I sense that you were in danger so I used my own energy to come here. I placed a shield around everyone. Unfortunately I came too late, as I saw a rock hit your head" Loke said. Lucy rubbed her head.

"You're hurt?" Natsu said with concern

"I'm not that hurt compared to you or Gray" Lucy said

"That still doesn't explain why You're with Natsu" Erza said

"When the explosion happened I noticed that Natsu wasn't with you guys. So after I made sure that you guys were safe, I went over to Natsu and saw him consuming the fire that had acid in it. I punched Natsu in the head to make him stop eating the corrupted fire. I was also able to form a shield around Natsu. My shield has the ability to absorb any Magic." Loke explained.

Once Natsu was able to balance him self on he's own 2 feet, He punched Loke over the head.

"What the hell was that for?" Loke yelled at Natsu

"For punching me in the head before" Natsu yelled back

"I was saving your life" Loke yelled

"You couldn't have found a better way?" Natsu yelled

"Okay boys. Thank you so much Loke for your help" Lucy said. Loke grabbed Lucy's hand and kissed her hand tenderly.

"Good bye my lady" Loke said before disappearing into thin air. Lucy and Natsu walked over to Gray who was still unconscious. The wound seemed to look better but it would definitely leave a scar.

"How is he?" Natsu asked with genuine concern.

"He's doing well. The wound should fully heal on its own in a couple of hours" Wendy said while wiping a sweat off her forehead. "Would you like me to heal your wounds?"

"No that's okay" Lucy said. She didn't want to tire the young dragon slayer out.

"I think I should heal it Lucy. It'll give me some practice using my healing magic" Wendy said.

"Okay" Lucy said she kneeled down next to Wendy so Wendy could heal her forehead.

"Natsu, would you like me to heal you next?" Wendy asked

"Nah. A little acid in my system isn't going to kill me" Natsu said

"You realise that it actually can right?" Happy asked

"Meh. I've eaten nastier things then that. Like Gray's ice. His ice tastes like shit" Natsu said

"I heard that flame brain. And like You're any better. Your flames smell like fart" Gray said while going into a sitting position.

"Gray-Sama shouldn't move" Juvia said with concern.

"Thanks Juvia but I'm fine" Gray said. Gray stood up.
"Where to now?" Gray asked

"We have to go to the village that's not that far from here. We have to tell them about what happened" Erza said. Natsu's facial expression suddenly changed. His face was ridden with guilt and pain.

"Natsu...it's not your fault" Lucy said. She instantly noticed the sudden change in Natsu's mood.

"Yeah it is" Natsu said softly.

"No it's not. If anyone is to be at blamed, it's us" Erza said firmly.

"Yeah flame brain. We're the ones that told you there was no other way" Gray told Natsu

"Let's hurry up and get this over with" Natsu said. He walked began walking.

"Natsu...you're walking in the wrong direction" Lucy said. She pointed south.

"I knew that" Natsu mumbled under his breath.

So the team began walking towards the village

Meanwhile....

"What took you so long? Where are the children?" A man asked with anger.

"I'm sorry my lord...the children are dead" Youkio said softly.

"DEAD? WHAT DO YOU MEAN DEAD? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT THEM WITH THAT PITIFUL LIFE OF YOURS" the man yelled out. Dark smoke began seeping out of the mans hands.

"I know master but thin-" before Youkio could finish off his sentence, a bright line across his chest was placed. All of a sudden Youkio's chest ripped. Youkio fell to the ground, dead.

"Keita, my boy. Why have you killed him?" The man asked

"He was getting annoying" Keita said simply. Keita flipped his wrist and the dead corpse of Youkio turned into little particles which soon disappeared.

"You cannot simply destroy one of my men just because you're annoyed with them. But I'm glad that you have no regard for human life no more" the man yelled

"Have I ever?" Keita asked

"Yes...for that insolent brat called Natsu" the mans spat out

"DON'T CALL MY BROTHER AN INSOLENT BRAT" Keita yelled. The man stood up from his throne and began suffocating Keita with the darkness around him. The darkness began choking the life out of Keita.

"Never disrespect your father again" the man yelled. He controlled the darkness to stop suffocating his so called son. Keita looked at he's father with hateful eyes.

"Yes father" Keita said.