Chapter Fifteen

Brook’s POV:

The whole place was awesome!

After a twelve hour flight from England to America, we’d had another hour’s drive from the airport to the resort, which was near Florida.

The resort itself was amazing. It was set on its own beach, and the hotel room was stunning. My mum and Nate where staying in room 203 and Jack and I were sharing room 204.

It had two twin beds, a bathroom with a shower and a bath. There was a mini bar, a three seat couch and wide screen TV, and, my favourite, two telephones, one for room service and the other, get this, for the sweet shop treat service! They actually brought you chocolate bars, boxes of chocolates, ice creams, candy and cakes! It was so cool. Mum said we could use it, but we had to pay for it ourselves, which was a bit off putting after looking at the prices, but it was still awesome!

After unpacking and changing, because the weather was seriously hot over here to the point that if I wore my jeans, I’d have died a hot and sweaty death.

We’d all meet up at one of the five restaurants on the resort, to have a birthday meal.

The resort was seriously huge; it was so big, that they actually gave you a map!

“So, what do you two think, do you like it?” Nate asked as we ate. I was having a cheese burger and chips, while Jack was having this huge, beef burger that was as big as his face. I had to laugh every time he tried to take a bite.

“It’s amazing, Nate. I can’t believe you guys did this for us,” I smiled now as I took a sip of coke.

“Well, you only turn nineteen once,” my mum smiled, “I should know,” she mumbled softly afterward, which put a smile on my face.

“Well, thanks, it’s really great,” Jack said as he softly took my hand under the table.

“It really is, it’s one of the best presents ever,” I said now, though my favourite present hung around my neck this very second, I didn’t say anything.

“I’m just glad you to are enjoying it. We’ll let you guys have fun without us old timers hanging around you tomorrow. I heard there was a casino, a cinema, a water rafting thing or it may have been surfing lessons...” Nate was saying.

“Yes, and there is also this amazing firework display they set off over the water every night at eleven,” my mum smiled.

“That all sounds great,” I admitted happily.

“Also, me and Maria, well, we wanted to give you two one last present,” Nate said now.

“No, this is enough, seriously, you two have given us more than enough,” I said now.

“Yeah, dad, I didn’t even expect this much, I don’t need anything else,” Jack said at almost the same time I had spoken.

Laughing, both my mum and Nate smiled at us and then Nate held out two envelopes.

“Come on, guys, we’re allowed to spoil you two just this once,” Nate urged us to take the envelopes and in the end, we didn’t have much of a choice in the matter.

“Oh my god,” I whispered as I look inside and I look up at them with wide eyes, “I can’t take this,” I breathed.

“You can and you will; it’s only $200 each. We want you guys to have fun, buy things, have surfing lessons, try out the casino, got to the cinema, and have fun. You’re both older now, you’ll be starting university soon or starting work, moving out, getting your own families, this, here and now, is your time to have fun,” Nate said as my mum began to tear up.