Chapter Twenty-Two

Rick’s POV:

Her laugh is carried to my ears as I silently watch from afar as she brushes her hair back behind her ear with her hand; her beautiful brown hair shining in the sunlight as she says something to Larissa.

She’s been shopping with Jane, Kristy and Larissa for nearly an hour and a half, they’ve been in every fucking shop here, I noticed Brook was the only one who wasn’t carrying shopping bag after shopping bag.

“No, I’m just trying to save up some money is all,” she’d said earlier when Larissa had asked her if she needed to borrow some money.

Now, they were eating in the food court, talking about shoes and clothes and books and guys.

Brook was the only one who didn’t speak about her ‘guy’ and it irritated me to no end that she wasn’t even telling her best friends who he was.

“I’ll be back in a second,” Brook smiled now as she headed towards the bathrooms. I followed her, keeping a good distance between us. As soon as she was out of sight of her friends, she stopped and pulled her mobile out.

I paused, then slipped behind a pillar inside the shopping centre and listened carefully as she made her call.

“Hey, you ok?” she asked gently, her voice warm and happy.

I fisted my hands in anger, but made no move towards her. I’d only just gotten out on bail for god’s sake; I didn’t need her getting me jail time to!

“I know. You know what Larissa is like though, she can shop forever,” she laughed and I knew then, that whoever this guy was, he knew Larissa well, which meant he must go to our college.

“I’ll be leaving soon, I hope, my feet are starting to hurt and I’m not spending any money, so I’m bored,” she said now, she laughed then, a soft, beautifully enticing sound and I peered around the corner to look at her.

Her face was flushed a little at whatever the guy was saying to her and her lips were kicked up into a smile, her eyes shining.

Damn him to hell! He didn’t have the right to make her look like that, she was mine. She had always been mine and she would always fucking be mine!

“I’ll see what I can do then,” she blushed harder and I locked my jaw, “any certain colour you have in mind?” she asked now, biting her lip gently, she laughed.

“Red it is... I know. I love you too, I’ll see you later... yeah, ok, bye,” she closed her eyes once she’d ended the call and she smiled happily.

“What are you grinning about?” Larissa suddenly asked and I slipped back out of sight, not having seen her.

“You know what I’m grinning about,” Brook laughed and so did Larissa.

“Lover boy, of course,” I could almost see Larissa rolling her stupid, god damn eyes, “what did he have to say?”

I wanted to know the same fucking thing!

“I was just telling him I was saving money by not buying anything and that it was slightly boring not buying things... so he put in a request,” she blushed.

I knew because I couldn’t help but not peer back towards her.

“Ohh, now that sounds interesting, tell,” Larissa smiled wickedly and my anger grew.

I would kill this fucking bastard, whoever he was! No one but me could have Brook, she was my girlfriend.

“He wants me to by some sexy lingerie,” Brook whispered and Larissa laughed as my blood ran cold.

 Had she given herself to him? She had been dating him all of five minutes and she’d had sex with him!? I had been with her six, nearly seven months this weekend and she hadn’t let me fuck her!

Stupid whoring bitch!

“Is he as good in bed as he looks?” Larissa asked now and I locked my jaw.

“Ok! I’m really not going there, sorry,” Brook gasped now, her eyes wide and her face red.

She had let him fuck her.

He was dead and she; well she would be learning a fucking hard lesson when I next got my hands on her.

Stupid, lying bitch!

“Ok, no need to be so modest! Come on; let’s go find you some sexy lingerie!”

“Red,” Brook mumbled embarrassed and I clenched my teeth.

“What?”

“He asked me to get red,” she smiled softly, “god, Larissa, I am so in love with him it’s insane,” she whispered softly now, her eyes shining happily and I knew she was talking about me.

She was in love with me, not this other guy and next time, when we were alone, I’d show her just how much I loved her.

“I know you do, he’s a good guy, Brook, you did well,” Larissa said now, suddenly serious for once in her pathetic life.

“Come on, before Jane and Kristy get arrested for fighting again,” I wasn’t sure what she meant by that last statement, but I didn’t care. I slipped back into the shadows and out of their view as they came past.

Silently, I began following once more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick's back!!! What do you think? stalker or what?

Comment and vote!