Chapter Two

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go,

When all those shadows almost killed your light,

I remember you said 'don't leave me here alone',

But all that's dead and gone and past, tonight,

Just close your eye-

The voice stopped and the guitar let out a horrible noise.

Percy hid behind the edge of a turn, hearing kicks and grunts. He peeked by the wall, and watched how a group of girls and a few boys beat down a girl, the one that was supposedly singing. One of the group took the guitar and smashed it to the wall, but the girl neither called for help nor shown pain.

When they were "over", the group walked in his direction, but he hid by the water fountain and watched them pass by, and heard one of the girls whisper to the other "Who does she think she is? I mean, singing in school! She best bleeping die."

"I know, like, her voice isn't even that good."

Then their chatter turned to Arabic and Percy, being Percy, couldn't understand anything. He then looked over to the girl once more, and saw her double over, clutching her stomach. She coughed furiously until she finally spat some blood.

That was the final straw, he couldn't stand there and watch, he had to help. He walked over to the girl and bent down, placing his arm on her back "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she said weakly "I mean, why wouldn't I be?" she looked at him and smiled, closing her eyes and gave a thumbs-up "I'm A.O.K!"

But she clearly wasn't. He could see the blood dripping from a wound on her forehead. He put her arm around his shoulders and lifter her up. She didn't hesitate nor struggle "What's your name?" he asked, carrying her down the stairs.

"Olive Rivers."

"That's a pretty name." He stated. And it was actually true.

She smirked "What's yours?"

"Percy Jackson."

She nodded, slowly closing her eyes. He felt her drift off, as if she was temporarily going to another place.

He got to the reception and asked where the nurse was, but by the time he reached her office, there were kids of all ages gathered around, all concerned about the girl in his arms, though the nurse shooed them all away and welcomed them into the clinic.