Chapter Six

"Where have you been Percy?!" Thalia yelled at the top of her lungs

"Out?"

"Where exactly?! I think we agreed that we'd stay together no matter what! It's dangerous out there!"

"Well, I had stuff to do."

"What kind of stuff?" asked Nico.

"Grown-up stuff."

"May I remind you that we're all of the same age group." Nico stated.

"Yeah Percy, why don't you tell us what you were doing exactly?" asked Thalia.

Percy took a step back, horrified from their hungry and insane-looking face. "Okay Okay! I was looking out for Olive."

"That girl?!"

"Yeah! You've got a problem with problem with that?!" Percy stood up straighter. He was taller than the other two, and clearly, he could be scary when he wanted to be.

Like Thalia had said, he was as stubborn as a boulder, and once he had his mind set on something, he would accomplish it no matter what. Right now, he had his mind set on helping Olive and protecting her. Maybe, his goals would change soon, and go deeper towards her, but right now, that was it.

*~*~* 

School wasn't as it used to be for Olive. People actually talked to her these days, instead of just passing by, pretending she wasn't even there. They admired her music, they complimented her on her hair, instead of just laughing at her and pointing out that she looked like guy because of her clothes. But she decided to stop cutting it for a while, and make it longer.

The group teamed up against her kept their distance, but she knew that it was a matter of time before they came back at her with some more kicking a punching, she was their punching bag, she was their training zone for a Boxing challenge.

All this was because of Percy, who stood up for her when needed and helped her out of the abyss of misery she was in.

"What is this?" he asked pointing at an equation on their Physics book, well, more like she was helping him out.

"It's easy!"

"NOooOo~!" he pouted.

"Here," she took his pencil and wrote down a note for him, then gave it back.

I'm not going to write the answer for you Fish Face.

"Ohohoh, so that's how it is?"

"That's how it is,"

"That's  how it is."

"Yeah, that's how it is,"

"Okay fine."

"Fine!"

"fINe!"

"FINE!"

"FiNe!"

"FinE!"

"FINE!"

"Okay!"

And they both burst out laughing, falling on the floor, with tears coming out their eyes.

Then Percy suddenly got serious and got on top of her, with both hands on either side of her head. "Olive?"

"Yeah?"

He kissed her, full on the lips. She pushed him away "What are you trying to do Fish Face?" She chuckled.

"What I've been trying to do for months now. I want you to love me as much as I love you."

her eyes widened "You- you love me?"

"I already told you that! Didn't I?"

"I thought that was meant to make me feel better!"

"How can such an affectionate kiss only be to make you feel better?! I meant it, who do you think I am?! A pedophile?!"

"No." she looked away, ashamed and embarrassed.

"Well then, Olive Rivers," he stood on top of her "Would you do me the honor and become my lover?" he stretched out his hand.

Her face turned so red, you would think she got a sunburn "Percy-"

"No! Olive, I want a straight answer. It's a yes or no question! What is it gonna be?"

She was paralyzed. she was at a loss for words. "N-n-n..."

"I knew-!"

"Yes!"

He looked back up, surprised with her sudden out burst. "Yes," she repeated calmly "I will do you the honor of becoming you lover." she took his hand and he lifted her up. She gave her signature smile, where she seemed like the most innocent person in the world. Where she closed her eyes, and where he would lean in for a kiss.

He laughed and hugged her tightly, falling to the floor. "I love you!" he said, still laughing.

"I love you too."