Chapter Three

He didn't leave at all. The nurse pleaded but he begged her off. He would stay by Olive's side no matter what, he wasn't going to let that thing happen to her ever again,

He was going to P R O T E C T her.

He held her hand tightly, not letting go.

"Sir, please for the last time, go to class!"

"Ma'am I appreciate your efforts but he's as stubborn as a boulder."

He saw his two cousins come in.

"And who are you two?"

"We're all cousins, I'm Thalia Grace, Nico Di Angelo, and Percy Jackson."

The nurse didn't seem to buy it.

"We're all relatives from our mothers' side."

"Oh, well then take him with you." she requested, unsatisfied.

"Sure Ma'am." Bitch, was Thalia's thought though.

Thalia tugged his arm but he refused "Percy, come on!" she said through her grit teeth and fake smile.

"No."

She sweat dropped.

"Do you even know her?!" she hissed.

"Olive Rivers."

"Olive Rivers?"

"That's her name."

"Her name?"

"Why do you keep repeating everything I say?-"

"And his is Percy Jackson," they heard the voice come from behind him.

"You're awake!"  he looked at her.

"Well duh..."

He then realized his fingers were still intertwined with hers and he pulled his hand away blushing profusely.

Nico noticed the bruises on her and spoke for the first time "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." she said inspecting her wrapped forearms.

"You don't seem okay to me."

"Don't worry-"

"I'm not, but my cousin seems to worry, you should worry about him too you know. He saved your life."

"I could've gotten out of there without his help. I've done it before."

"How many times?"

"A lot. My whole life actually."

The room fell silent. "Just get back home on time Percy" Thalia said and dragged Nico away with her.

*~*~*

"So, where are you from exactly?" Olive asked

"I'm from New York."

She laughed "And what are you doing here all the way in the Middle East?"

"Well, my mother sent me here. What are you doing here? Your name sure doesn't sound Arabic to me."

"My mother is Arabic. She and my father met in a university in England. Then they came together to her home, Jordan, and got married. They had my brother, and then me."

"And where is your brother exactly? Shouldn't he be here? Protecting you?"

"He died." she simply announced and turned her back to him, laying on the pillow of the nurse's bed.

"Well, Olive, if you ever need me, don't hesitate to call me, I uh... saved my phone number in yours."

He reached for his bag and slung it over his shoulder, heading out.

Olive grabbed her bag and took her phone out. She smiled once she saw the weird name he'd put for himself. "Percyyyzz," she murmured it to herself, and saw the picture he saved as well.

He'd taken a selfie of them both while she was still unconscious. She felt a pleasant warmth in her heart. Percy Jackson...

She shook her head. She shouldn't get attached. She shouldn't.

*~*~*

On the way out, Percy encountered this group of bullies, and decided to ask them what their deal was.

"None of you business newbie. Or is it that she hired you as her bodyguard?"

"She did nothing! If someone's done anything, it's none other than you and your little 'group' of so called 'friends'!"

"Don't worry. We took good care of her last bodyguard." the girl got closer to him and reached to touch his cheek but he flung her hand away. She just smiled. She looked like a Barbie doll. All make-up and fake "I think we can take good care of you too~."

"Don't lay a finger on him." he heard a person croak behind him, and it was none other than Olive Rivers...

The girl he fell in love with at the beginning of his senior high school year.