Chapter Five

They arrived at the apartment building, right under the  hill where most of the royal family lived.

"Is there a rule or something for people to be allowed to live here? 'Cause I don't see how such a town could be right beside such a wealthy family"

"Oh we are nothing compared to the U.S"

"Really?"

"Believe me, but don't judge a book by its cover, this town has a little percentage of poor, the rest have enough money to spend for themselves."

The receptionist played with the keys for a while until she opened the front door. "Here we are!" she sang.

"What floor is she?"

"The fifth, door ب٧"

"Can you write that down for me please?"

She chuckled "Do me a favor?"

"Yeah?"

"Take care of her."

"Will do Ma'am."

"Call me Rania." she smiled.

She put the paper in his hands and went out the door. "I'm going to the Market, I'll be back by 7:30pm or something. Then you'll give me the address to your home and I'll take you back."

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

Percy ran up the stairs, tripping over himself every few steps, but he had to keep going, this was his chance. His only chance.  He had to see her.

He knocked furiously on the door, and peeked through the eye pocket. Everything was dark, but he could see a blink of light coming from a corner. He knocked again, and surprisingly, heard her voice, but it sounded raspy and dry, "What do you want?" he could barely recognize her.

"Olive?"

She didn't speak this time

"Hey open up!" He banged his fist on the door, but she didn't come.

"Olive!" He was about to hit the door again when it swung open. He took a glance at her, and wished that he hadn't.

Her green eyes were red and puffy, with circles under them. Her hair was a mess, and it seemed like she hadn't showered forever. She had a blanket over her head, with some of her hair sticking up. Her PJs weren't on well as some buttons were done wrongly, and she reeked of ramen.

They just stared at each other. Then got awkward, so he asked if he could go in.

"No." she said and intended to slam the door in his face but he put his foot.

She opened the door again slowly and barely, and peeked her head in the small gap. "What do you want?"

"I want to help you."

"Why? I mean, what exactly is it that you don't understand? I don't need you, I can take care of myself! I barely even know you!" She didn't dare say that she was thankful for what he'd done the other day, but she was worried that what happened to her brother might happen to him, she was worried about him, just as much as he was worried about her back then.

Even if she had just met him, it felt like she had known him for an eternity.

She felt a tear roll down her cheek, then smirked and wiped it away, pushing his hand away, that intended to do the same. She looked at the ground, then moved to the back "Come in, make yourself at home."

He walked in, and without looking, kicked a bunch of empty noodle cups "What is this?"

".أندومي"

"Yeah, I get it but that's what's written on the cup."

She moved to the living room and lied on the floor. He sat beside her.

"What am I supposed to do?" she murmured "Am I supposed to love myself until somebody loves me? Nobody's gonna love me, and, I'm not gonna love myself forever either." She had completely forgotten he could hear her.

He shifted his seating position on the floor and got closer to her. He turned her over so that her back was on the floor, and got on top of her, straddling her belly, "Why do you want to help me Percy Jackson?"

"Because I love you, Olive Rivers,"

He leaned in, their lips barely touching "And I want you to love yourself too."