Chapter Four

"You!"

"Nice to see you too Diane."

"Looks like you didn't have enough of it today."

"I can do this all day biatch."

"You're a failure."

"Nobody wants to know your life story."

"You never know when to stop do you?"

"Nope."

"Then I'll show you when."

"Not today."

Olive sprinted towards Percy and ran forward, grabbing his arm. "So who is she exactly?"

Olive just rolled her eyes in annoyance "Don't you know when to stop?"

"Well that's funny because I don't see myself complaining about you!"

"Just shut up and run." she said suddenly stopping.

"No!" he yelled "Not without you!"

"What, you're suddenly interested? Interested in what exactly?! What do you even know about me? You can't relate to me! Leave me alone and stay out of my business!"

"I want to help you!"

"I don't need it!"

"I'm not letting you go alone!"

"Why are you suddenly like this?! It's your first year at MIS and you've already gotten yourself into trouble from the first day, this will spoil your school reputation."

"I don't give a crap."

"Well, you should." she pushed him into the crowd of leaving students and disappeared.

*~*~*

He didn't hear the guitar strums today. Nor did he see the reflection of sunlight come off her golden hair. He shook his head. Focus, he said to himself, not satisfied with his thoughts about her.

  *~*~* 

He was starting to worry.

She didn't call and she didn't appear at school, then, one day, he heard one of the girls talk about her and say "I hope she kills herself. She deserves what happened to her."

What happened to her?

"Yeah I heard she hasn't come to school for a week."

"I kind of miss her music though, it was nice early in the morning."

"Excuse me," Percy tapped one's shoulder. He had to interfere and know what happened "What exactly happened to Olive?"

"Oh, Percy. Hey." she waved. She was in most of his classes.

Taymah Rahman. Original Arab. Reserved and well educated. Kind and a listener. She also likes to sit back and watch others' drama fights.

"Her father committed suicide, right after her mother was lost in action."

"Wait, lost in action?" Percy furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't understand a thing.

"Her mother was a commander in the military, she went missing only a few months ago and seems like her father couldn't take the pressure of being alone anymore."

"But he wasn't alone. He had Olive, right?"

"I'm not sure about that, Percy." She gave him a pitied look.

"Where did you get this information?"

"The newspaper."

"And the news!" She other girl piped up.

"Right, they're in Arabic. Anyway, any of you know her address?" He tried not to seem like a stalker, but Taymah was clever, just like a certain blonde back in New York.

She giggled, knowing exactly what he intended to do. "The students usually put it in the school information in case you go home in a buss, you can find it there."

"Thanks Taymeh!"

"It's Taymah." she said, hinting the (A).

"Sorry."

She smiled "If you weren't a native I would've torn you to pieces right now." she said and he had the nerve to laugh.

He ran down main floor and went to the administration. "Excuse me" he was panting hard, trying to catch his breath "Can you.. ha.. by any chance give me the address of Olive Rivers?"

The woman typed into her computer and said something he couldn't decipher. "Huh?"

She said it again but he didn't catch a letter. "Please woman," He slammed his palms on the desk "I can't speak Arabic, and I need to get there ASAP, and by that I mean right now!" he snapped.

She just smiled sympathetically "OTP..." he heard her mutter, while writing down the address on a paper.

"Where the heck is Mahes Hay Al' Qusoor?"

"I live there, I can take you with me when I go home."

"When is that?" Don't be rude! He called to himself, furrowing his eyebrows.

"In about," she looked at her watch "Lucky you~." She murmured, then looked back up "Twenty minutes at best."

"Thank you so much." He sighed and took a seat by her, watching her write down a few things.

"So is she by any chance your.. girlfriend?" she asked not looking up.

His cheeks turned so red they could rival Rachel's hair back home, he smiled at the honey thought, but pushed it away and tried to focus on the current situation.

"Do you know her?" he asked

"Yeah, she's basically my neighbor. A little reserved, and likes solitude. I can't identify anything that can make her smile again."

"What do you mean?"

"She's always bullied here, and although she doesn't give it much thought now, it's because what used to protect her from that is gone now."

"Her brother." He realized.

She nodded "Adam was really handsome and mature. He would give anything to protect his little sister, but this 'gang' got the best of him, and killed him in an instant."

He saw a tear roll down her cheek "He was the bodyguard they talked about." he murmured, realization dawning on him. "The one they 'took care of'," then he looked back up, and decided to lighten the mood "Was he by any chance your... boyfriend?"

She smiled "Yeah."

"Did you do it?"

Silence.

"You did didn't you?! Ohohoh, I like this! Tell me more!"

She laughed "Come on, we should get going."