9

Screeeech. The sound of a dagger's tip running down the glass of my window. It was the same as last night. The constant tapping wakes me up. I huddle down under the covers, there's no need to see what watches me from the window, I already know. Without looking I can see his form perched on the thick branch of the tree. The arm possessing the hand holding the dagger rises, three loud taps resound within my ears. Then the screeching begins. The hair on my arms stands up and I shudder at each shrill noise.

The tapping resumes, louder this time. Even with my eyes shut tightly I can clearly picture the creepy smile plastered to his face. The unwanted sigh escapes my lips. I debate on whether or not to call Zeke. All day yesterday my honey had a permanent scowl and a steady glare fixed on the deranged man that now sits outside my window. Continuously I asked him what was wrong. His only response tells me he'll take care of it.

I reach for my phone in the darkness. The coolness of it touches my fingers, gripping the phone I start to dial the familiar numbers. As the send button is about to be pushed, the tapping sound retreats. It is quiet once again. I let out a breath I didn't know was being held. Fingers grabbed the edge of the comforter. With an agonizing slowness, the covers are pulled down allowing green eyes to be seen. I take a quick glance in the direction of the window. My ears strain to hear any sound. Nothing. I push the rest of the covers off in one quick motion. My hand sneaks under the pillow, wrapping itself around the knife that hides beneath.

Creeping with footsteps hushed by the plush carpet below them, I walk towards the window. A hasty look out reveals an empty branch. I tighten my grip around the knife and peer into the darkness outside. So intent was I on my task of searching for my stalker that I did not hear the creak of my door, nor the soft thud of it closing.

"What are you looking for," a voice behind me asks. For a second I think it's my brother. I'm getting ready to yell when I realize my brother would never enter my room. I frown, Damien. "You're not looking for me, are you?" The words confirm my thoughts. I turn, the knife still in my hands. Damien glances at the knife then looks me in the eyes. His gaze is piercing, as he searches for something. I refuse to look away from those souless violet eyes of his. He smiles and saunters over to me.

I brace myself, my toes digging into the carpet. I would strike to kill it he got to close. "I didn't come to hurt you," he laughed, stopping a few inches in front of me. "I just wanted a better look." He reaches out. His hand seconds away from touching my face. Without thinking my own hand dashes out. The blade slicing the palm of his hand leaving a small gash. Blood began dripping from the wound. Damien snatches hand back, bringing it up to his face. He licks the drips and slowly his tongue begins sliding up and down the wound.

Seeing me watching he smiles. His tongue moves even slowly up his hand now,teasing the edge of the gash. I look away disgusted. A chuckle escapes from Damien. "Get out," I tell him. He laughs.

"Why should I?" I see the blood smeared smirk. He walks closer to me. I'm backed up towards the window. My hand with the knife is held above my head in one of his massive hand. "Can't have you stabbing me," he whispers. He leans into me. I can feel his breath. He watches my eyes before bending lower. His lips brush against mine. His free hand pulls me closer. My body struggles in his grip. It protests the kiss that is steadily becoming something else. I can taste his blood on my tongue. His lips move down the side of my neck.

A light glimmers. Looking down I spy the dagger dangling in his belt loop. Slowly my free hand maneuvers between us. I grip the handle of the dagger and pull upwards. Damien feels the movement, he glances down then back up. He moves away. Laughter erupting from him. He looks at me in disbelief. "You were going to stab me with my own f**ing knife?" More laughter. "I shouldn't have expected anything less from you."

He held out his hand to me. "What," I ask.

"My dagger."

"Seriously? Do you really think I'll hand this over," I ask waving the dagger.

He grins at me, "No. Just thought I'd ask. I already got what I wanted. I knew you would be different. I'm glad you didn't disappoint." I watch as he moves towards the window behind me and unlocks and opens it. "This is going to be fun." I hear him say as he climbs out onto the branch. A quick wave behind him and I hear him jump. I look out to find Damien walking from the the base of the tree and down the sidewalk.

A small hand caked with dried blood reaches inside black pajama pants. I pull out my cellphone and hit send. The phone rings, I hear the sleepy hello after two rings. "Zeke, please," I start.