16

My hand wrap around the knife in my pocket, grasping it tightly. I could feel his presence behind me. I held my breath and waited for him to approach me. The floor creak beneath his feet. Time stood still as I relax and prepare for what I was about to do. His hand touches my shoulder, still I wait. The timing had to be perfect if I wanted to succeed. Warm breath on my neck. Damien's hand surrounds my waist and he pulls me against him. Fingertips brush along the bandage on my neck. "Who did this," he whispers in my ear.

Slowly I'm pulling the knife out of my pocket. The click of the small pocket knife is barely heard. My body is turning in his arms. He doesn't see the object in my hands. My eyes show nothing of what I'm about to do as I stare into Damien's violet eyes. I smile up at him. He frowns back, repeating the same three words from before. "Who did this?" I lean closer to him. My free hand lifts his shirt and touches the warm skin beneath. His gaze follows the movement of the hand. The other arm is rising now, it's time for what I have planned. My knife plunges within the flesh. The movement is quick, only a few seconds has passed. The body under my hand flinches. Damien bites his tongue in an attempt to keep from calling out.

His shirt is darkening as blood begins to seep from the wound. I raise my arm again to strike once more. I won't kill him but I'll make sure the pain is a reminder to never touch me again. Damien's massive hand grabs my wrist. The knife slips from fingers and fall to the floor. He looks hurt. Several emotions pass through his eyes. He gives a frustrated sigh. A tear falls from his eyes. His other arm wraps around me. We stumble, landing on the bed. Damien's weight is above me, both of my wrist in his hands above my head.

"This is what I get for showing concern for you," he says. "I'm hurt." Another tear falls down his face, landing on my cheek. I can feel his warm blood on my side as he presses into me. "Just tell me."

"Go away Damien," I tell him. "And get off of me." I struggle, squirming beneath him. A quiet chuckle vibrates against me.

"I finally have you were I won't you, I'm not letting you go." He laughs again. "Now, who did this." his fingers touch the bandage on my neck. Brushing them up and down my neck. My voice catches in throat, making my words low.

"G...g...go away, Da...Dam...Damien. His eyes dart from me to the covered mirror. "Go away," I say again.

"I will once you tell me who hurt you like this. I won't stand for you being hurt." He looks at the mirror again. "Why do you keep that thing in here, if you're only going to keep it covered."

I'm confused by his words. Why does he care? Damien searches my face for an answer. "My mother won't let me get rid of it." I frown. "Why?" He shakes his head.

"Nothing. Forget it." He releases one of my arm. The freed arm caresses my face. Now that I have an arm free I bring it between us and push at Damien's chest. He leans in even closer, making my attempts at separating us futile. "Why do you treat me this way," he ask. He removes the bandage and reveals the three long scratches. He touches them, tracing along the violent marks. Another sigh escapes his lips. "What did you do to get these?" He whispers the words against my skin. His fingers start to play with the stands of my hair. "Tell me the name of the person who did this to you and I'll make sure that they pay." His face is getting closer to my own. He places a light kiss on the scratches. His tongue tickling along them.

"Stop, Damien," I tell him. I push at the body on top of me. It doesn't move. "Move Damien."

"No," he whispers. The word is a short break before he places his lips back to my neck. He kisses alongside my neck, slowly moving in the directions of my mouth. I turn my head to avoid the fell of his lips on mine. He chuckles and turns my head to face him. He hovers above me. "Why is it always him," he ask. "Even if I told you, would you even believe me." Another laugh. "Somehow I doubt you would." A defeated sigh. "I wouldn't have to go through all of this if you would just admit what I'm sure you already know." I feel his breath on my face as he speaks. His face lowers. Lips are touching mine. I'm useless at trying to stop him. Don't deny it, a voice whispers in my head.