14

Zeke

The figure on the bed lays there watching me as I enter. His eyes follow me as I come to a stop in front of the bed. I'm glaring, anger begins to bubble up inside of me.

"What the F*ck are you doing here." It comes out in a shout. He watches me, laughing. The sword lays across his chest, hands around an album book.

"She was even pretty as a kid," he says. "I kind of wish I would have met her sooner." The body rises as he shuts the book, the sword sliding to the bed. My eyes follow the path of the weapon. They narrow as I remember where I've seen that particular sword. It belongs to Paisley. Her Wakizashi, she was so happy when it came in the mail, years ago. My brain scrambles to think of a reason he would have her favorite toy.

I repeat the words again, "What the f*ck are you doing here?" Legs swings off the bed, he stands and walks over to me. The sword hangs from his long slender fingers. He saunters closer.

"Now, now, don't be that way. I'm not even here to hurt you." My gaze moves to the sword then back to his face. "This," he laughs, holding it up. "it's my new teddy bear. You see, my old one has been taken from me but I love this one even more. Do you want to know why," he asks. A frown sits on my face. I really don't need this shit.

"Enough with the games, Damien. Get out." A tilt of the head as he caresses the blade in his hand. I'm being ignored.

"This new teddy bear," he's continuing despite my warning. "Belongs to the girl I'm going to make mine some day." I've had enough. My hand moves against my will. Fingers are grabbing the collar of a black shirt. They itch to wrap around the soft flesh of the guy standing there. My kitten will never be his. I know this, he needs to learn it too. The hand at my side is forming a fist. The muscles in the arm are twitching. I need to hit something.

The forming bruise on my cheek starts to ache. Pain is clouding my mind. I want this pain to go. I will not cry in front of him. Someone else needs to feel the pain I'm feeling that's the only way to make me feel better. One arm is raising, the other tightens it's grip on the laughing boy. I pull back and release a punch. He stumbles back, his body falling slightly on the bed. Laughter erupts from him. He touches a hand to his bleeding nose.

"I have to say, I never thought you had it in it." His voice his low, menace replacing his smiling tone as he speaks each word. "I just came to talk but now I see how it is. Taking it out on me." He shakes his head, hand reaching out and grabbing the album book. The brown and black object flies across the room, crashing into the bedroom window. "You f*cking asshole, do you think I won't kill you simply because Paisley likes you. Don't test me. I'm being nice but you seem to want to fight this out. Anytime you want," he spats. "I'll make sure Paisley is taken care of once you're gone.

He's taking this too far. I won't go as easily as he thinks. I will not give my kitten to him. I approach him, fist at the ready. Two inches closer and this would escalate into something more. I was ready. A shrill noise sounds out in the room. Damien looks at me, the scowl evident on his face. He jams a hand into his pocket and pulls out a small phone. "What," he screams into the receiver. His face moves through a variety of expressions, coming to rest on a smirk. "Sorry," he says calmly. "I was just having a small disagreement with a friend of mine. Yes, yes, nothing serious." He holds up a finger to me. He's telling me to wait. I can't help the coming laugh. We're about to fight and he stops to answer his phone. My mind refuses to let me believe it.