Chapter 1

Harry's POV

Nerves settled in my stomach as I walked through the school gates. First day at a new school. The thought of being invisible, bullied, hated, alone. Whether you'll even make one friend, what your classes will be like, what your teachers will be like, if your teachers will like you or hate you. Whether you'll get lost and look like an idiot or know where to go. You can't escape the worries of not fitting in. I wasn't popular at my old school, I was just one of those average people who isn't a nerd, but does take school seriously and doesn't go out to any party. I got invited to some but, I'm not social. I'm socially awkward. I just can't seem to hold conversations. I don't dance or drink so much, so I just decide to stay home. I'm not so sporty either, I do like football though. I have had the thought of trying out, but I'm just not sure. I mean, if I wasn't so good and didn't make it, I wouldn't want to be the guy who tried out for the football team and failed. I don't even know where the office is, well this is a great start. I'm lost already. I looked around and saw a guy with blond hair and a guitar sitting on his back. God I hope I don't look like an idiot.

"Excuse me!" He stopped walking and looked back to me. "Ah, I'm new and kinda lost.." I scratched the back if my neck trying not to be awkward.

"Oh! You're the new kid! Meh names Niall, you?" He said in his thick Irish accent. He held his hand out in front of me and I hesitantly took it.

"Harry".

"Nice to meet ya Harry! I'll show you to the office then". I smiled slightly and followed him through the school. Well, good start, right? "So I take it you don't know anyone then?" I shook my head. "I'll meet you at break then and you can come meet mah friends".

"That sounds good". I smiled to him and he smiled back.

"Well, here's the office, see you later Harry".

"Yeah, bye". I muttered. I walked in the office and stood at the desk.

"Hello love"

"Hi, I'm new"

"What's your name?".

"Harry Styles".

"Ah yes, here is your timetable and your locker number is 1048".

"Thank you". I muttered, unsure on how I was going to find my locker.

"MALIK! Get back here!" I looked over to see a guy with dark hair and clothes storming out the office and the principle following.

"He's in your first class, you follow him and you won't get lost".

"Thank you". I followed the guy through the halls to a class and he walked in. I took a deep breath and followed, sitting down at the front. I heard someone clear their throat and looked up to meet dull blue eyes staring back at me. "C-can I h-help you?" I stuttered. Dammit. Why is this guy so beautiful? He just stood there, blinking at me. I frowned and figured maybe I was sitting in his seat. "Is this your seat?" He nodded. "Oh, sorry". I grabbed my stuff and got up, looking for empty seats. There was one next to the mysterious guy I followed here and sat there.

"I'm surprised". I looked to my side to see him staring back at me. "He doesn't make contact of any sort with anyone". He said as I looked back over to the beautiful boy I just saw. "He would've just sat somewhere else. 'M Zayn by the way".

"Harry. What's his name?"

"Louis Tomlinson. Massive nerd, doesn't talk at all. Not even noises, even when he gets bashed daily, he just takes it without a noise, which he just did with you, that's why I'm so surprised".

"Doesn't talk at all?" Zayn shook his head.

"Apparently something happened to his family. Hasn't talked ever since. Do you know anyone yet?"

"Yeah, Niall".

"Oh! He's my best mate".

"Okay class, we're starting language analysis today". Everyone groaned and she rolled her eyes. She started blabbering about the different types of techniques used in articles. I just zoned out until she yelled something. "LOUIS TOMLINSON! PUT THAT PENCIL AWAY RIGHT NOW!" I watched as he carefully put it down on the desk and looked back up to the teacher. "Would you like to tell me what I just said?" Everyone groaned and Louis just looked to her. "That's what I thought. Pay attention". How can the back of someone's head be so beautiful though? I never thought it was actually possible. But why doesn't he talk? What happened to his family? The bell rang and everyone instantly got up, rushing out the room. I followed behind with Zayn.

"Do you know where locker 1048 is?" He laughed and nodded pulling me to a row of lockers. I shoved my things in my locker and followed Zayn to Niall and a boy with brown hair and a girl hanging off his arm.

"Hey Harry!!! You met Zayn". Niall yelled, running up to me and pulling me into a hug. I smiled and hugged him back. My god this is the best hug I've ever gotten in my life. He pulled back and looked over to the others that I don't know. "This is Liam and his girlfriend Dannielle, Zayn's girlfriend Perrie will be here soon". I nodded, feeling slightly awkward. So they're all straight then? "Do you have a girlfriend?" He asked and I blushed, looking down to my feet.

"Ah, no".

"Niall, leave the guy alone! Nice to meet you Harry". I looked up and smiled back to Liam.

"You too. So do all of you have girlfriends?" Niall shook his head but Liam and Zayn nodded.

"I'm single, can't be bothered looking". Niall said confidently. "So, anyone caught your eye?"

"Ah, well..."

"Tomlinson made contact with him in class".

"WHAT!?" They all shrieked, causing me to wince from the sound. They all looked at me, waiting for an explanation.

"I ah, sat in his seat I think. And he cleared his throat and I asked him if I was sitting in his seat and he nodded". I shrugged. Why is this such a big deal anyway?

"He actually made a noise? So he has a voice box then.." Liam said, unsure of himself.

"His eyes are really dull..."

"So, he's the one that's caught your eye?" I looked down to my feet again and shrugged slightly. "Well, he's also you know so I guess that's lucky".

"You..you don't care?"

"Nah man, everyone's different".

"But...so then...why do people bash Louis then?"

"He's easy and vulnerable. The nerd". I nodded and the bell rang.

"Why do you think his eyes are dull?"

"Dunno Harry. What do you have now?"

"But they were so lifeless.."

"Harry". I looked to Niall. "Trust me, he's not worth worrying about. Just, try not to think about it, yeah?" I nodded. "So what do you have?"

"History".

"Oh, eww. I guess I'll see you at lunch". I nodded and he waved. I headed to my class in the other building and saw figures in view, kicking someone who was curled up on the ground. I ran over to them to see five different guys, attacking the helpless one on the ground.

"Hey!" They all looked at me but continued. "Stop that!" They laughed and just walked away. I kneeled down next to him and my breath hitched. "Louis? Are you okay?" He opened his eyes and moved back away from me quickly. "I'm not going to hurt you, I just wanted to help.." He stood up quickly and started limping away. My god his ass is fucking sexy.

---------------------------------

Well, that's the beginning of be mine.

I dunno if anyone will even read it.

Anyway, vote and comment??