14 The surprise

AMIEN'S POV
The next day I woke up with a pounding headache. Looking at the clock, it was near afternoon.
Atleast the curtains are drawn. I thought grimacing.
I should not have drunk so much.

I noticed the tablets and the coffee from yesterday evening sitting on the side table. And immediately the events of previous evening flooded my mind. I cursed myself thinking about it.

I did not regret kissing Amber. But I did regret kissing her in a drunken state and when she was not ready. It did not need a genius to figure it out. Sorry wouldn't even cut it.

I groaned and even that small sound hurt my head. I quickly gulped the medicines with water and went for a shower. I reeked of alcohol.

After getting fresh, I came downstairs to fix myself some breakfast and coffee. And then I busied myself with work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AMBER'S POV
As I was getting ready for work, the thoughts of Saturday evening and yesterday morning flooded my head. Vanessa's words had calmed me down a bit. So I had felt a little better to face dad when I returned.

After telling him all about the kiss and morning's events, we had a silent lunch. He seemed to be unusually quiet throughout.

Later he had voiced his thoughts and I was surprised when he advised me to take Vanessa's advice. But in a way, I was happy that may be there was some hope, afterall. And as much as I was happy for the hope, I could not bring myself to hold on to it.

Later in the night, I could not sleep thinking about everything and when I finally did close my eyes, a certain pair of icy blue eyes flashed in front of me. But this time, I did not freak out rather I tried to analyse if this could be my hope.

May be Dylan would actually be happy with me moving on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I soon reached the mansion and found Damien on the breakfast table working on his laptop. I chose to walk silently to the kitchen. I ignored his gaze that I felt fixed on my back.

"About Saturday, I..." he started

"Would you like something else, Mr. Reed?" I asked setting his plate in front of him, completely ignoring what he wanted to say.

He frowned when I interrupted him,
"What did I tell you about interrupting me and are we back to 'Mr. Reed now'?" he said following me into the kitchen.

I fidgeted with my hands avoiding his eyes.

As he was about to say something else, I interrupted again, "Look Mr. Re....Damien" I said when he glared at me, "it was a mistake and you were drunk. So it doesn't mean anything"

His eyes flashed an unknown emotion and he just nodded stiffly and walked out taking his briefcase leaving the breakfast untouched on the dining table.

I sighed resting my head on the kitchen counter. Why do I have to interrupt him all the time!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in the kitchen cleaning when my cell phone rang.

"Hello"

"Is this Ms. Amber Greene?"

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"Amber, it's Nina, Mr. Reed's PA. He has asked me to inform you that he is leaving the city for a meeting and would be back tomorrow late at night. You can leave now and have a day off tomorrow. But be on time the day after"