17 A start of something new

Happy new year cherries :)

May God bless you and your families with all the happiness in the world and may you achieve all your new year resolutions!

P.S. I am so so happy with all your support. Finally achieved my first 1K views and first 100 votes.
Love you all

-------------------------------------------------------------

After the day, Amber had 'the talk' with Damien, she had a storm of raging emotions inside her.

She had tried to busy herself with work. Any minute that she had to herself, it lead to an internal battle. So she tried to keep herself busy all the time.

Cleaning the already cleaned rooms, refolding the laundry, arranging the kitchen and pantry, and anything else she could find to keep her mind off things.

She had tried to read but her mind kept wandering.

She had already filled the application form for her online business course. But the classes did not start for two weeks.

She visited Dylan more often, spending more time with him soothed her mind, kept her mind from thinking about Damien and recent events. She felt she could tell him anything without being judged.

She spent her time with Jenny listening to her constant babble, and that soothed her mind that atleast there was a constant in her life that she could lean on.

Even at home, she spent most of her time in the kitchen or arranging Jenny's toys and her limited closet.

With some extra money that she had managed to save, she had bought some plants. So, that was another thing that helped her calm down.

But inspite of everything, there was an inner turmoil, a furious battle going on inside her. Every spare second she had, the conflict only increased.

However, this time she did not dread going to the Reed mansion. Rather it had become like her safe haven and she did not want to think why!

She was tired of everything. Everything was taking a toll on her. She had become quieter than usual.
She was usually lost in her thoughts. She didn't eat properly. And all the progress that she had achieved after Dylan's death has somehow come back to square 1. And deep inside, she knew that only she was to blame.

But if there was something she was quite sure about was that Dylan was irreplaceable and Jenny was her first priority.

Even though it seemed like a well sorted out situation, it was far from it. The only things that was sure about lead to conflicting emotions inside her.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As the week passed, Amber realised that she couldn't go on like this forever. She had to decide. Because her decision had a direct impact on Jenny.

And over the past few days, she had noted a change in Jenny's behaviour too. She was now crankier and more irritable than before. She often threw a tantrum about small things now.

And Amber was getting tired of everything. She was like a ticking time-bomb that would explode anytime. She needed a break but she just could not shun in responsibilities.

The only way was to accept the inevitable.

Damien had not make any move after that day, trying to give her time but she knew that his patience was running out. That he would not wait forever.

She had noted a change in his behaviour towards her. He was more relaxed around her, more calm and he gave her space.

She remembered when a few days ago, she had finally broken down, he had been there with her. He had held her throughout, wiping her tears and whispering soothing words in her ears. He had not demanded any answers, only patiently listened to anything and everything she was saying.
After then something had shifted between them.

There was this understanding between them that they didn't realise, like an invisible thread that connected them. Somewhere in their hearts, they had come to accept the circumstances and it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Damien, on the other hand, was worried. He understood Amber's need for time and space, and respected that. But he had noticed the change in Amber's behaviour.

He knew that whatever she had told him wasn't the complete truth but he didn't want to force her, didn't want to push her to give him answers when she was not ready. Doing so would only push her away and he could not risk that.

He wanted her to be comfortable in his presence, to trust him with her problems and worries, and he knew that she would come along in her own time.

But that did not mean that he wasn't worried about her. He didn't want to push her but his patience was running out. Not because he was afraid of losing Amber but because he could not see her like this.

He was hurt seeing her like this. He had felt something inside him snap the day Amber had cried in his arms like a baby. He was hanging by a thin thread and did not trust himself to not snap. He wanted to take all her worries away but for that he needed Amber to trust him. He wanted their budding relationship to grow and get strong.

But he did not realise that the future might soon bring him back to decide once again about something that he, in his heart was sure about.
The future would finally define their relationship and the direction it takes.

Neither of them was aware about the impending storm that could uproot the 'something new' they had achieved.

But for now, they had both embarked on a journey,unknowingly, that they were struggling in. And this is what, in future, would give them strength to continue. This budding romance would flourish into something stronger, something deeper and something ethereal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know, this is not something you were waiting for...but it was important to bring about the emotions of what both of them were going through.

This will make my work in the future a little easier...and also easier for you to understand why this chapter was important!!

Don't kill me,
Happy reading (: