20 Bonding

AMBER'S POV

Damien was having a nap when I took Jenny to his room. I did not want to disturb him because he seemed tired and needed all the rest he could get. So I decided to take Jenny with me to the guest bedroom, hoping he wouldn't mind.

But Jenny seemed to have other plans because she squealed loudly on seeing him and started wiggling in my arms to be put down. Damien opened his eyes and smiled on seeing her looking like he had been waiting for ages.

Jenny tried to wobble over to him but decided that crawling would be faster. And immediately Damien stretched his arms and picked her up as soon as she reached his side and kissed her forehead.

Since he was clean as of present, and did not have any flu, I wasn't worried for Jenny getting sick. It rather warmed my heart.

"Dadda" she released a loud squeal and caressed his cheeks and them started tapping his nose.

"Hello to you too my darling" he said placing a kiss on her palm and then kissing her forehead

I was still in the doorway watching the scene unfold right before my eyes and couldn't have been more thankful in that moment. I quickly wiped a tear that feel from my eye, wanting to capture every second of this precious memory clearly, to be cherished forever.

They both looked so happy together.

He made her sit on his stomach and she started jumping up and down. I immediately went towards them in case that troubled Damien. He looked surprised to see me as if he had forgotton I was there.

Jenny kept babbling in her baby language and Damien concentrated on her every word as if he was hooked.

She even told him about Ethan and I just rolled my eyes.

Jenny baby, for pulling Ethan's hair like you wanted them out of their roots, you are quite fond of him.

He saw me doing that and looked at me asking about what she was saying.

When I explained him everything that happened in the park and how she keeps chanting his name, he looked horrified and a chuckle escaped my lips looking at his expression.

"You think it is funny! How could you let any guy come near her"

"You do realise that the 'guy' in question is a two year old baby" I teased

"Exactly, my point. And you young lady are not supposed to get a boyfriend before thirty"

My eyes widened and I snorted loudly to prevent the bout of laughter tickling my throat and I am sure I looked like a retarded dragon trying to laugh.

I did not want to think about Dylan too being overprotective about Jenny and instead decided to enjoy the moment.

"You might as well say she is not allowed to have a boyfriend"

"Well flat out saying that would mean that she could accuse me in the future that I did not let her have a boyfriend"

The words 'future' warmed my heart.

Did it just leave his mouth casually or he actually meant it?

But the conviction in his voice gave me some hope.

I just do not want to overthink everything and get my hopes up.

But I decided to go with the flow. As the future unfolds, we will see what it holds.

And looking at Damien and Jenny together, I am convinced that he will never hurt Jenny intentionally. And that's all I can ask for.

The ringing of Damien's cellphone brought me out of my thoughts and I picked up Jenny to let him attend the call.

"Yes Nina" I remembered having a talk with her about receiving the shipment. She seemed polite and professional but I couldn't say anything about her in person.

"No I am busy today. Shift all my meetings to tomorrow afternoon. If there is any problem, ask Alex to look into it. If there is any information about the Barney project, inform me. And for the files requiring my signature, bring them over"

"Yes. And if there is any change, I will let you know" with that he ended the call.

"Would you like lunch now?"

"Yeah"

"You want to come downstairs or should I bring it here?"

"No I will be downstairs in a few minutes"

"Okay. I will get the lunch heated" and both me and Jenny went downstairs to the kitchen. I prepared milk for Jenny and she could have some maple banana frozen yogurt or mashed bananas.

I just want to give her something semi-solid in case solid foods hurt her teeth and she starts crying again.

As I set the table, I heard Damien coming downstairs. I prepared his plate and took Jenny to the kitchen to feed her.

"Where are you going?" I could hear the frown in his voice.

"I need to feed Jenny before she goes down for a nap"

"Then you can feed her here"

I hesitated a moment before nodding my head. I sat on the chair with Jenny in my lap since there was no baby chair.

"You sure you will be comfortable like this"

I again nodded my head and we ate in a comfortable silence.

"I thought you would like some dessert" I said when I saw him finishing the food

His eyes lit up like a baby's and in that moment I was glad I made it.

I smiled and got him the bowl

"It's nothing very special since you aren't very well but I thought I would make it for forcing you to have the soup" I inwardly smiled as his face scrunched up thinking about it.

"Are you apologising to me about the soup" he asked smugly

"Oh no, just preparing you for the ginger tea in the evening" I could not control the laughter anymore looking at his horrified expression. It was my turn to be smug. Even Jenny seemed to be enjoying it.

"Tell me you are kidding"

"If it will make you better soon..." I shrugged. He grumbled something under his breath.

Jenny was finished too and I wiped her face, picking her up to take her for a nap. She seemed to be distracted from the pain and I intended to make use of the time fully to get her to sleep.

I decided to clear the table after settling Jenny.

Just when Damien was finishing, his cell phone rang again and he excused himself. But I heard his saying 'Mom' before he entered his office.

I entered with Jenny in the guestroom and immediately my mind recalled the past events.

Jenny crying.

Me pacing worried.

My insecurities.

Angry Damien.

Our first kiss....well technically second but first because he was sober.

I settled Jenny in the bed placing pillows on both sides. She played with me for sometimes and I read her a story. But she was soon asleep from exhaustion of past few days.

I decided to stay with her for sometime, just holding her close. My mind wandered to Damien's phone call and I realised how little I know about his family or...him.

I just hope whatever it is, it is not a mistake.

Only if I knew how everything was soon going to change. That the future will soon make me question everything, every touch, every feeling, every sensation that I had developed for Damien.

---------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, now I can safely say the interesting parts will start. I just hope you will like them.

Vote and comment,

Happy reading :)